We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

S J
Ct
5 posts
Save Topic
Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

Is there a store in Aruba where I can purchase inexpensive memory foam bed topper or even regular foam ? I have some health issues requiring this in order to be comfortable traveling. Probably going to Tropicana but if cant get things I need to be comfortable may not be able to go.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

If there is ever a Walmart or Target store in Aruba I am going to stop going.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

LOL -Where would they put it - they are generally longer than a football field.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

There isn't specifically either a Target or Walmart. There is Pricemart which is a small version of Costco. You have to have a membership to shop there. I think you may be able to buy a one time pass or something I don't know. There are several local furniture/home outfitters that may have what you need. There is a rather large home store right across from Pricemart (close to the airport) that I have purchased some home furnishings from.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

Id bring one from home before not going, regarless of cost, lol.

New York
Level Contributor
909 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

If you can get it in a suitcase, I would bring it from home. Aruba might have it but you would spend a lot of time finding it and the quality might be inferior to what you are used to at home. Many items in Aruba come from Holland.

Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

Having been in and out of most of the stores on the Island I cannot recall one that sells foam mattress covers. I also do not recall any hardware stores that sell foam that could be adapted to the purpose. I would also suggest that you bring your own with you as the cost here may exceed the $50 or so for the additional bag depending on which carrier you travel. There is one store that does come to mind called Dura in the Palm Beach area that might sell them. I will pass by and see what they may have.

7. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:37 pm, February 27, 2013
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

" (..) the quality might be inferior to what you are used to at home. Many items in Aruba come from Holland."

I removed my first reaction, for this is such a nice and wonderful forum with friendly people and I don't want to start an off topic discussion. But I feel I am a little bit offended and flabbergasted by this statement. To prevent any misconceptions, I like to inform you that products from the Netherlands are the best in the world. As a matter of fact, the Netherlands is an export-country pur sang. Although we are a small country (only 16 million inhabitants) we are the 3rd biggest investor in the USA and are in the top 5 of the export-partners to the USA. You probably only know tulips, stroopwafels, Gouda cheese or Heineken and Amstel, but there is a lot more to that.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

I can't imagine bringing a mattress topper or foam from home. The one I purchased for my son's mattress in his dorm at college is heavy, and it's only a twin - there is no way I could pack it and bring it along on a trip.

S J
Ct
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a store in Aruba like a Target/Walmart?

Thank you that is very nice of you to do. Since I've not been there at all this is so very helpful!!! Sandi