We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
80 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

We are arriving very soon on a cruise ship and would like to spend some days at an all inclusive resort/hotel. Would like chairs, beach, showers, meals, drinks, etc. Please advise soon!! Thanks!!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

I suggest that you pass on the all inclusive. Take a taxi to the Radisson. Walk behind the hotel to the beach. Look to the left. There will be a building on a pier. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there. Also, the Bugaloe Restaurant is on that pier. Nice setting. Casual food. For more upscale dining, walk back to the Radisson. Sunset Grill Restaurant. Or, for another casual choice, Gilligan's right off the beach at the Radisson.

Another option is to take a taxi to Nikki Beach. It is very close to the cruise terminal. Minimal taxi fare. Good food and beach chair rentals available. Very nice, but I would choose the Radisson/Bugloe option. JMO. Either is a good choice. Maybe, post a few questions about each.

Edited: 7:14 pm, February 09, 2013
Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

I think the only one with a day pass is the RIU. Not sure of the price, e-mail them.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

Besides the Riu....The Renaissance has passes to their private island for $75 pp. Includes lunch, one drink and float or snorkel equipment.

Also check with the Occidental. Last I heard they offered all inclusive as well.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

The RIU all inclusive day pass is approx. $105/person. I think the Occidental all inclusive is around $95/person. It would be best to email both resorts for the exact price and details.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

Again, why do AI? For similar money, you can have a broader choice of dining options and the freedom to move from one place to another. If the OP is only interested in AI, so be it.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

I'm inclined to agree with Tony, but perhaps if I were a big drinker I'd be interested in AI. Pounding piña coladas adds up fast. LOL

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

Lori, only one drink is included with the AI day pass according to one of these posts. I don't think you would get use of facilities, food and drinks for $75, $95 or $105 pp. Five drinks and everything else would a bonus. lol.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

The Ren day pass is not all inclusive but includes use of their private island, lunch and one drink.

The Riu and Occidental day passes ARE all inclusive and includes use of facilities, pool, and all food and all drinks for the day.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

Wow! That's a deal. Especially for people who will drink a lot. For the one or two drink types, I still would choose a non AI option. JMO.

10. Re: All inclusive hotels with day passes arriving soon!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 12, 2014