We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

I am getting married in early October of this year and am trying to figure out where to go on our honeymoon. We have had some concerns about the Caribbean due to hurricanes/rainy Sept/Oct, but figured Aruba was far enough south. We are between an all inclusive in Aruba, a 4 star hotel in Hawaii or going really nice accomodations like the Banyan Tree 5 star hotels in either Acapulco Mexico or Cancun Area. Any comments are appreciated regarding weather in any of these destinations and any other thoughts on if AI is the way to go or having a really nice villa like at the Banyan Tree Resorts for a honeymoon. We have not been to any of these places and also have never stayed in a 5 star hotel, so that is the intrigue there. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,594 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

There are not alot of all-inclusives to choose from in Aruba - most people who travel to Aruba prefer to be out and about for dinner at night. There are also no 5-star resorts/hotels in Aruba. If you want to do an all-inclusive in Aruba, the best one would probably be the RIU.

Aruba is basically outside/on the border of the hurricane belt so bad weather in the fall is not too likely.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
6,845 Reviews
Aruba
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Your question is fairly common in the sense that you are trying to decide between Aruba and some other destination. It is really not a question that may be answered because we all value things differently. You are on the Aruba forum, so naturally, the people who post here have a love for Aruba.

Strong points are: beautiful weather; great beaches; friendly people; safe to explore day or night.; clean; no poverty.Post on other forums and ask questions. Best wishes. Check videos on web sites and check destinations on You Tube as well.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Yes, I understand regarding the love for Aruba, but any information would be appreciated as far as the weather in early October. Our wedding is specifically 10/5/13, so we would be travelling over that following week. Mexico safety as far as exploring outside the resort is a concern, so good to hear Aruba is safe. So what would be an amazing/romantic resort which is non AI? My budget for accomodations would be about 2,000 USD for 6 nights.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

What does your budget include? Air and hotel or just hotel? If its just hotel you will have tons of options being the low season. On palm beach I prefer the Radisson or Hyatt. On eagle beach the Bucuti or Amsterdam Mannor sre good choices.

I would ONLY go to Aruba at that time of year so you dont have to worry about huricanes. I know mexico has great places but id pass due to safety concerns.

Mentioned in this post
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach...
5,267 Reviews
Aruba
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

$2000 is just for hotel. So you're saying October is a great time of year in Aruba? What are the realistic temps and typical rain at all? Also, this is a honeymoon, so what hotels are best for some privacy as well? Also, what's difference between Eagle and Palm Beach?

Edited: 7:44 pm, January 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
8,214 Reviews
Aruba
Palm Beach
Palm Beach
7,248 Reviews
Aruba
Junín, Buenos...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Hey! I'm planning to go in July,is it low season? How about temperatures and typical rain in that month? Thanks!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

You can view the differences between eagle and palm beach. Palm is the busiernof the two but october wont be to busy its low season. The weather is a safer bet in Aruba than anywhere else as far as islands go because they are out of the huricane zone. Its always 85-90 with a decent breeze all year. Its the rainy season but dont worry, its a desert and gets very little rain and remember no huricanes, lol.

The Bucuti wont have any kids and many love it, that would be a nice choice on eagle beach for privacy and no kids formthe most part. On palm beach Id reccomend either the Hyatt or Radisson. The Radisson has great full size balconys so we prefer staying there at this point, although we spent our honeymon, 5 yr and 10 year anniversarys at the Hyatt and loved it.

We have been in July and its great like the rest of the year, lol. We have spent 60 odd days in Aruba and only had 1 full rain day. Enjoy when you go.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Bucuti & Tara Beach...
5,267 Reviews
Aruba
Boston...
Level Contributor
365 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

We have been to Aruba in November and the weather is pretty much the same in October. It is usually sunny and warm.....we love it! The water is also warmer around that time of year. When we go, we stay at the Hyatt. We have been 11 times and only stay there. Might I add, the Hyatt is on Palm Beach so it is more crowded, but I think it would make a fine honeymoon hotel. If you want privacy, try looking at hotels on Eagle Beach such as the Bucuti/Tara Suites. The main difference between Palm and Eagle Beach is the privacy. Eagle beach is much more quiet, but the water can get rough at times. Palm Beach is where the action is. This is where the high rise hotels are and there are bigger crowds. On Palm Beach, you will find water sports and calm, lagoon-like water. Also, Palm Beach has shopping and a plethora of places to dine at. Personally, we like Palm Beach better, but for a honeymoon, I would probably go for staying on Eagle Beach.

Paopae, we have been at the end of June, beginning of July in the past. We loved it! It is said to be low season in the summer months and it was quiet when we went. There was pure sunshine the entire week as well.

Good luck planning,

Travelguy1001

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Palm Beach
Palm Beach
7,248 Reviews
Aruba
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
8,214 Reviews
Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach...
5,267 Reviews
Aruba
Junín, Buenos...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Thank you!Would you also give me an idea of how much money (dollars) I'll need for a week holiday? That is, for lunch and dinner mostly, and any excursion you'd recommend. Here in Argentina there are heavy restrictions on the purchase of foreign currency and the government doesn't allow us to buy much ( around 200 dollars for ten days!) So we Argentinians have to find the way out, for example by using credit or debit cards.That's why any information you can give me about money will be more than welcome!!Thanks again!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October 2013 Honeymoon Advice

Sorry. Id use a CC before using my debit card, its easier to dispute any problems. Depending how you dine it could range from 100-150 for two people to dine daily with a few drinks. You can spend less or more. There are all types of food and all ranges of prices depending where you dine. The hotels and some fine dinning will cost more than leaving the resort.