We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in may

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
weather in may

We were planning on a trip tp Aruba in March but had to postpone until 3rd week of May just wondering what the weather is generally like then . Does it get very hot at that time of year? Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in may

When the tradewinds aren't blowing it is HOT, any time of year. We have been there in May 4 or 5 times over the past 10 years and we have had great weather with a cooling breeze and also had it hot when the breeze was not blowing. No way to predict it.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in may

Imo, Aruba is hot anytime of the year, but the wind makes it comfortable :)

May weather

Average high temperature 89 F.

Average low temperature 79 F.

Average temperature 83 F.

Average water temperature 81 F.

Average wind speed 19 mph

Average maximum wind speed 35 mph

Average rainfall .54 inches (16.1 inches annual)

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in may

Thanks for the info sounds wonderful cant wait to get there!!!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in may

Starting on May 27, the weather will be perfect. (I hope).

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in may

Hopefully the weather will be perfect from the 12th of May and right through your vacation as well!!

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in may

Most of our trips have been in May. Our favorite time of year in Aruba. It's always HOT, but a beautiful breeze is constantly blowing. This year in May we'll be in Turks and Caicos for a change, where it will be HOT and no beautiful breeze. I'm sure next year it will be back to Aruba.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in may

All of our trips have been the third week of May until this year but only because I am in school. So we are looking at September this time.......I think the weather is phenomenal......

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in may

Cammiedog we went our first and only time (this May will be the 2nd) late August into early September and it rained 9 out of the 10 days. I hope that was just a fluck and your weather is beautiful but I thought I would just mention incase that is the usual weather pattern and you didn't know.We went expecting it to be nice like everyone says it always is and were surprised ,still had fun but maybe someone on this forum would know if that

was a fluke or the norm. Good luck.

And 20Aruba05 I hope Turks and Caicos is great as well!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in may

Definitely a fluke - especially if you were there during 2010 which was an odd weather year. But there will always be a stray week like that on occasion - generally the weather is sunny and warm but it does rain every once in awhile. Unfortunately, it happened during the time you were there.

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in may

Oh glad to hear that was just a fluke! Looking foward to being there with good weather!