We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport taxis

Panama City
Level Contributor
29 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Airport taxis

I just found out that if I reserve a taxi to pick us up at the airport the cost is 100 per cent more than the advertised government rate of $22. The company told me it's because there will be a taxi waiting for me and not me waiting for a taxi. Are there an abundance of cabs at the airport? Would we have to wait long? Is it worth $45 just to have a taxi meet us? Can anyone who visits Aruba tell me please.

Thank you

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,555 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport taxis

There are plenty of taxis at the airport. No need to prebook one in advance.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport taxis

That's nice, double the price to have ONE waiting. Pay regular price and have TONS waiting ;-) Don't bother reserving.

Panama City
Level Contributor
29 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport taxis

Thank you for the responses. I will not prebook if there are an abundance.

Woburn...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport taxis

good to know I was wondering the same thing..we didn't want to do the "hotel shuttle" so we planned on the cab too..

Panama City
Level Contributor
29 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport taxis

Seems as though the people named Elaine (I'm Elayne too) like to be prepared, but I am not prepared to spend more than I have to. ArubaAmy is a well of information, trust what she says.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,555 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport taxis

Definitely do not spend extra money for a taxi to be waiting. As soon as you walk out the door of the airport, look to your left and you will see a long line of them waiting for fares. They all know when the U.S. flights arrive.

Woburn...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport taxis

Good to know thanks....I do like being prepared. I've been reading so much that I'm making myself more confused....shoould I rent a jeep or should I take a jeep tour...I have to go with the flow a little more...lol

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport taxis

What company were you looking to book through that was charging those kind of prices?

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport taxis

Bully has met us three times and has never charged us a "pre-booking fee." I have never heard of this practice and I think I would scream bloody murder if anyone tried to gouge me that way.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport taxis

Bully the Taxi Driver meets us at the airport holding a sign with our name. This year as we got into town he turned up the radio and the DJ "announced" our arrival and welcomed us. As we got near the station, he told us to open the window and wave. The DJ then started talking to us on the air. An amazing way to start vacation and all for the posted price. We have never been charged extra and Bully always brings us back to the airport for our return.