We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Aruba from Houston

Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Aruba from Houston

Does anyone know if Continental airlines has discontinued their straight flight from Houston to Aruba. I have been pricing for the month of Sept. It says fly out of Bush airport late then to New York or Boston spend the night and fly out the next day. That is so crazy. We loved flying from Houston to Aruba cause that is one of the few places out of Bush that had straight flights to the islands besides Cancun. Just wondering? Wasn't sure what forum to even ask this question in.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,727 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

http://www.itasoftware.com/

Try an airfare search.....good luck.....

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

I have a friend who travels to Aruba from Texas every year and she just recently commented on this very thing. Her information is below:

---------------------

Continental just cancelled the non-stop flights every Saturday from Houston to Aruba which we have taken every October for twelve years. It remains on their schedule from now until August and then picks up again in mid-December. Looks like the people who travel in September, October, November and early December are out of luck. I checked Jan and Feb 2012 and the flight is back on the schedule again.

Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

Wow thanks for that good info. on the flights. We tend to like the later months in the year because we feel we can go there that time of the year and not have to worry about hurricanes.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

Try Delta with a connection in Atlanta. I would not recommend American thru Miami. Their schedule is too early or late night.

Next it would be US Airways thru Charlotte.

Aruba is not really in the hurricane belt. No real worries there.

Edited: 3:55 pm, June 17, 2011
Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

Idid end up booking with Delta they had the best flight times for the price we like taking early am out and arrive mid afternoon then flight home take late afternoon into Houston around 11pm. Yeah I m not crazy about flying American and stopping in Miami we had many flight disruptions doing that. I have enjoyed US Vacations and going to Charlotte love the rocking chairs in the airport and the people are so friendly that we have encountered there.

6. Re: Flights to Aruba from Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 03, 2012