We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport tax, curacao

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
airport tax, curacao

I am thinking about a day visit/ flight to Curacao from Aruba, can you tell me if you have to pay airport tax on departure/arrival at both airports ?? And how much is it. Thank you in advance

New Jersey
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport tax, curacao

When leaving Aruba back to the US, the $22 departure tax is included in your airline ticket.

When flying inter island there is a $10 departure tax when leaving Curacao or Aruba.

These are based on GOOGLE search.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport tax, curacao

The departure tax for Aruba is US $36.75 to the USA (It is usually included in the purchased airline ticket). For all other destinations, the departure tax is US $33.50.

www.aruba.com/traveltoaruba/airportinfo.aspx

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport tax, curacao

We did a day trip from Aruba to Curacao last year. You do have to pay departure tax when leaving Aruba and again when leaving Curacao. We paid around $32 or so last year per person for each departure but I've heard they lowered the tax since our trip last year. Not sure of the current cost.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport tax, curacao

i believe it was $33/pp (cash only) when we left AUA for CUR last Thursday. We flew from CUR back to the states and there was no tax that we had to pay at the airport.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport tax, curacao

We did a day trip from Aruba to Curacao last year. You do have to pay departure tax when leaving Aruba and again when leaving Curacao back to Aruba.. We paid around $32 or so last year per person for each departure but I've heard they lowered the tax since our trip last year. Not sure of the current cost.

PENNSYLVANIA
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport tax, curacao

Thanks for the info. Still looking for someone who has done it recently. Seems like these posts are all over the place

7. Re: airport tax, curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, May 05, 2013