We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

New York, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Has anyone been to the Marriott Resort and Stellaris recently that can comment on the effect of the construction of the Ritz on noise and views. I've booked the Hyatt for a trip in May, and I've been to both the Hyatt and the Marriott before. I think I'd prefer the Marriott again, but am concerned how the Ritz construction will effect my stay. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

We were at the Marriott about 5 weeks ago. They were pouring concrete on some vertical columns. If you were in the north tower and facing north you could see the construction. We did not feel there was any noise issue. The work site is far enough inland and away from the Mariott that you don't know it is there when you are on the beach.

NJ
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Was there this week, they are still putting in the concrete supports along the ground. Not too much noise, the occasional truck backing up was all we heard. I don't recall seeing any work being done over the weekends either. Not sure about how much will change by May though. Right now it doesn't change the view of the ocean from that side of the Marriott. You can't see it from the beach because of the bushes and trees that will eventually be pulled out for the Ritz beach.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

We were in Aruba last week. Did drive to the Marriott. A new traffic circle has been built. Does not look like a lot of construction is occuring. Can not believe there is noise. The exits from the Marriott have been changed. Perhaps this is due to the construction. This construction should not be a problem at the Marriott. Friends who stayed there last week never mentioned the construction.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Thank you all for your replies! We've decided to go to the Marriott and hopefully the construction won't be an issue.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

I have visited Aruba several times and stayed at the Marriott. Has anyone been further north toward Malmok Beach and can confirm that the sand/beach/water is as beautiful as Palm Beach? I'm trying to plan a big family reunion for next summer and haven't been that far north. Actually the property is the Aruba House. Does anyone know where that is? Thanks for your assistance.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,648 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

The Aruba House is located in Malmok across the street from the beach.

The beach area at Malmok has alot more coral/rough edges along the water and is not going to be a toes in the sand, walk on the water's edge like on Palm Beach. There are some sandy coves that are great for snorkeling and a few palapas here and there for shade.

Is it nice? Yes. Is it like Palm Beach? No. Is the water beautiful? Yes.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

I have reviewed the Aruba House website extensively and it looks spectacular, especially for a larger group.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Spectacular is the perfect word to describe it. I just saw the new pictures and WOW....

Bridgeville...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Let us know how your experience is. We are planning a late August 2012 honeymoon and really wanted to stay at the Marriott. We may possibly need to stay on the other side.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction of Ritz Carlton next to Marriott

Good day! Please share your experience with the construction issue. Best wishes

Get answers to your questions about Aruba