We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone rental in Aruba

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
150 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phone rental in Aruba

We are getting close to our trip and want to reserve a cell phone in Aruba. I spoke with my carrier, Sprint, and they said that it would be cheaper for me to rent one there. I have checked two websites,

Arubadiscountcell.com and Arubacellular.com. Both seem to offer the same. Has anyone used either of these??

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Two weeks ago we used Arubadiscountcell and dealt with a woman named Trees. We pre-reserved via their website before leaving the States, and she emailed me our cell number so I could leave it with family.

Upon arrival at our resort, we used the resort phone to call her and tell her we were ready for the phone delivery. She delivered the phone promptly and was very courteous. The phone worked perfect. I think we got 57 minutes (????) for $35. We left the phone at the front desk upon check-out for her to pick up.

Would highly recommend!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Aruba Discount Cell, hands down. Trees is fabulous - talk about great customer service! I would highly recommend them.

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
792 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Arubs Discount Cell/Trees hands down the winner. Outstanding service easy to use phone. This year before our trip we bought an unlocked cell phone from Walmart. We stopped at the Digicel counter at the airport bought a sim card. They set up the phone so we can retain the phone number going forward. We got 87 minutes for $20.00. We set up an online account with them before we left Aruba and topped off our minutes. We were told the minutes would last for 5 months. You can top off in $5 increments. We are lending the phone to my sister for her trip in May, I think it was one of the best purchases we made for Aruba in a long time.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
150 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Thanks for the info everyone - we have decided to go with Aruba Discount Cell. I went online today to reserve the phone. I completed the info requested (name, email, arrival date, hotel, etc) and hit the send button. It didn't ask for any credit card info or any more information. Will they contact me????

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Yes, she'll respond to your e-mail promptly. About a week before you travel, she'll e-mail you your cell phone number while in Aruba. You will not be responsible for any payment until you arrive in Aruba and receive your phone. She carried a hand-held credit card swiper and swiped my card in the lobby of our resort when she delivered the phone.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Another vote for Aruba Discount Cell and trees. We have used them for our 3 trips to Aruba and have never had a problem.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

We used aurubadiscountcell last trip, a rep brought the phone right to our resort and the phone worked fine. Unfortunately when we returned from our trip they tried to scam us and we caught it on our credit card statement. They billed us for the $50 weekly cell rental and than on our following month statement tried to pass through a $89 rental car fee which we never rented. We caught it and the credit card company removed the charge. We are returning in a week and will not be using them again.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

We used aurubadiscountcell last trip, a rep brought the phone right to our resort and the phone worked fine. Unfortunately when we returned from our trip they tried to scam us and we caught it on our credit card statement. They billed us for the $50 weekly cell rental and than on our following month statement tried to pass through a $89 rental car fee which we never rented. We caught it and the credit card company removed the charge. We are returning in a week and will not be using them again.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

Sorry for your issue with Aruba Discount Cell, but why are you so quick to believe it was a scam? Mistakes do happen, they are not perfect. This is the first time in the years we have been using them that I have ever heard a negative comment.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cell phone rental in Aruba

I you have an unlocked GSM phone, a $20.00 SIM card from Digicel in the airport, is the cheapest way to go.