We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

Williamsburg, VA
7 posts
Save Topic
Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

We are travelling to Aruba in April. When would be the best time to purchase tickets for the best price. We already have a place to stay there, so we don't need a package.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

This is no answer to your question because there are too many variables as far as dates, where you're flying out of, airlines available (competition), supply and demand for those dates, etc.

Best thing you can do is watch airfares and see if you can spot trends as far as lowest/highest rates. Then decide on the fares you would be comfortable paying. When you see those fares, book it.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

Oil prices are rising. Most likely, airfares will rise as well. No way to be sure, but I would book early.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

everyone is right - this is a complicated question, as the factors are numerous.

In the years of booking travel, we have found that 5 months + out, is a bit early. There does tend to be a sweet spot in booking air fare, but its different for each airline, and for different times of the year.

For instance, if you were to wait too long for presidents day week (US)... you will be dissappointed, as the good airfares are gone 8-9 months out.

The resorts tend to run specials (if they are not sold out) the closer they get. But its a crap shoot, as they can sell out, or you may not find an airfare.

i like to book 3-4 months out. it gives us decent flight options, and piece of mind.

Edited: 9:50 am, December 14, 2010
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

bing.com/travel/about/howAirPredictions.do

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

We always book VERY early and are never sorry we did, as the prices always seem to go up. The only times we may have saved is if we did a package deal at the last minute. However, I do my resort and airline stay separately because I always get one flight using points.

Edited: 10:35 am, December 14, 2010
Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
566 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

We booked early-just got back. I had alert put on airline tickets from Newark to Aruba for 3 months. The price kept going up to where the week before, it was almost double of what we paid. Book early and save!

Sean and Susan

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

We book early, I'm sure some would say too early, but that's just me. I'm a "plan-ahead-kinda-gal".

If I know when and where we're traveling, I start watching flights as soon as the flight schedule is released. For example, I knew we wanted to travel late January/early February to Aruba, so we started watching flight prices already in May (I know, I know, it's early!) We ended up booking in June for travel in January. We paid $513/pp. The same exact flight today (I just checked) is $1,026/pp. Crazy! Obviously I wouldn't be repurchasing that same flight for that price, but that's just an example.

If you're traveling in April, I would definitely consider booking something soon, just my opinion. Good luck!

WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

Hi..it depends on what part of the country you live in..The midwest has a harder time finding flights..We have our timeshare the first 2 weeks of March and that is prime time..we know that if air fare is under $1,200.00 for 2 with taxes..one change-over or direct that is a bargin..I booket in May and have watched it clime-up since..If you know your dates and are flexiable..try the day before..We saved almost $350.00 this year going in on Friday instead of Sat..Hotel for friday is only $120.00 and I will be in Aruba a day early..LOL...

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

If you decide for some reason not to book ASAP, at least use a fare-watching site like Kayak. Not too likely that prices will drop though, so....

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to purchase tickets to Aruba

EKBHAPPY,

Good strategy flying on Friday versus Saturday to save $$$ and gain an extra day of sunshine! Something to keep in mind for next year :)