We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

long island
Level Contributor
137 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

what the deal with the royal palm club at the RIU Palace Aruba? I'm looking at 2 bedroom timeshares on interval international and it lists the royal palm club at RIU as on option, but I cannot seem to find any information on it anywhere. Not even on RIU's webpage. I've been to the Radisson which is right next door, so I know and like the location of the RIU but I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this Royal Palm club I see listed, and if so whether or not they enjoyed it? thanks.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

The timeshares at the Riu were there long before the Riu bought the old Aruba Grand hotel and took over. All of the timeshares are located in the original building (bldg. C.)

long island
Level Contributor
137 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

thanks for the reply. have you heard anything about their timeshares, positive or negavite? they only negatives I've heard abou the Hotel at the RIU is the food which i'm not concerned with anyway, as I will be eating dinner out every night.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

The pool and beach are great. When staying at the timeshares, it's relatively inexpensive to buy food/drink by the meal, day or week. I thought the buffet was pretty good as far as buffets go.

The timeshares (bldg. C) need updating but are clean. The furniture is old but new mattresses on the beds were put in all units. I own a first floor beachfront unit, so if you have any other questions, let me know.

Boston, MA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

I was like you a couple months ago. Could not find any info on the place, but emailed them. They lied and told me the rooms were updated. I ended up staying here for the first week in January 2010. Read my review under the RIU palace. I am urging you not to stay here. Absolute discust! Not even sanitary. I own through interval and traded for the RIU. We ended up switching hotels! After a long coulple of days of fighting with there RUDE staff! Good luck!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

I don't see your review under the RIU.

It is hard to find a TS trade into the RIU since there are not many available for trade. I woul trade there in a second and do the AI at the RIU. I have never stayed in the older rooms, but have stayed at the RIU several times.

Windsor, Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

Which unit do you own we have week 11 unit 368 but are looking to get a beach front unit how is the condition?

Windsor, Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

Hi What unit do you have I just bought 172 what are the conditions like?

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

Hi Lisa,

We own unit 170. The room is in OK shape. Everything needs an update but it's livable.

indy
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

We did a trade with an owner of 170. Where is this unit located. Does it have a view? Is it keep clean? Thanks for your response.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

There isn't a better location in the entire hotel. It's one of the few beach front units. You literally walk right out the door onto the beach. And yes, it is kept clean, so no problem there. Everything (furniture, etc.) is in need of an update though.