We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach waves????

NC
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach waves????

Do any of Aruba's beaches have waves? My husband loves to play in the ocean and he was a little bumbed when I told him that I didn't think Aruba had waves. Am I wrong/

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach waves????

Where are you staying? What I have found, of course everything depends on Mother Nature, but...

- Palm Beach, limited or no waves

- Eagle Beach, gets waves, but usually not big

- Druif Beach (Divi, Divi Village, Dutch Village and Tam) More and bigger waves.

But we have been on Palm Beach and had waves, it all depends on weather. We have also seen waves so big on Druif Beach that you could hardly go in the water.

NC
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach waves????

We haven't totally decided where we are staying but leaning towards Palm beach!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach waves????

Chances are there will be limited, tiny waves.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach waves????

Yes, Palm Beach is like a lake.

Druif beach can go either way. In June there were days we had no waves and other days they were like 3 footers.

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach waves????

We will beusing durif beach. I hope for waves but my wife doesnot. I had to fish her out on our honeymoon. She was done with the beach but I stayed in it all day. Well bring our boggie boards or buy some there.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
520 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach waves????

Generally pretty calm...even though Druif can get some waves...no real undertow (or very slight)...keep in mind that everyone's idea of waves is different...

While I have seen non-calm water in Aruba (rare), I would not have considered the water rough at all...but that is just me...I would think your husband will be bummed regarding playing the water...but the use of a floaty to just chill is outstanding (with drink perhaps)!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach waves????

The waves we have had in March the past two years have been bigger than normal, there were actually quite big waves on Palm Beach. It depends on the weather, but there will always be more water movement in the low rise area from what I have seen.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach waves????

We saw some pretty good rollers near Casa del Mar last week. Kids were body surfing.

Walt

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach waves????

I am in Aruba during the 1st 2 weeks of August and it is always wavy in front of Aruba Beach Club which is Druif Beach. As soon as you walk around the beach towards the Costa Linda and the Buciti the water turns very calm...big difference!

Hope you have a great time!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach waves????

Druif Beach has enough activity for a boogie board -- but nothing to be concerned about -- you won't get knocked down by a wave. Palm Beach is probably the calmest area.