We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

I'm curious as to how much you paid for your vacation in Aruba.

I'm looking into taking a trip to Aruba during Christmas/New Years and the prices are really high.

Thanks,

Emily

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Xmas/New Years and Presidents Week (Feb) are probably the highest times of year that you could choose to travel to Aruba. We spend Xmas/New Years in Aruba (we have a timeshare), and we were lucky enough to have enough airmiles, so we didn't pay for our flights. Sorry I'm not much help here, but you are definitely looking at the height of high season. It IS incredible there that time of year. New Years in Aruba is filled with an amazing fireworks display all over the island. Love it! Good luck.

Denver, CO
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

I just found www.sidestep.com, which seems to work pretty well. It allows you to search multiple travel sites for the best deals. You can search for airfare or air+hotel too. Very useful.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Hi Emily,

We were looking to go back to Aruba for Christmas/NYE and the prices WERE high. Almost double what we're paying for the end of October. Also - we found there was very little availability (a month and a half ago). You can browse a lot of what's available at aruba4u.com - see what they're offering - and then go price hunting on your own. We'd love to be in Aruba for NYE at some point. I hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us posted! Hope this helps.

Boston
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Last New Years we rented someones timeshare, a studio at La Cabana for $800. Our airfare from Boston was $999. Definately our most expensive trip there yet, but worth seeing all the fireworks and a fun way to spend the holiday & new year.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

hi,we are french and we want spend your XMAS/NEWYEAR in ARUBA,is it expensive ?i thing yes because evrey where in this is expensive did you say how much ?average prices?exuse my english bout i do the best:-))

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

seela47, I'm not sure how much it would cost for your vacation since you would be flying out of France. Airfare could be expensive.

Aruba is affordable but during Christmas/New Years, the prices are higher than any other time. I would suggest to start looking at packages soon because it is such a busy time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

HI,thank 's for your answer,i can't say how much fom france because nobody kows where there is travel agency to do this destination.When i found it i post a new topic have a nice day:-))

Miami
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Since not too many people proved to be helpful in the dollar amount category, I will do my best:

We are staying at the Bucuti resort in a Tara Suite (only 36 hours till I'm on the plane, YEA!). Anyway, the room for 7 nights including taxes and airport transfers was about $1600. Two tickets roundtrip from Miami were $1100 total (surprisingly expensive considering how close Miami is). We're taking $2000 spending money, so our week-long trip is about $4500 (and this is for August).

I don't think I would ever travel somewhere tropical for Christmas or New Years - I have this weird thing that I like to see snow for the holidays. Going skiing in Tahoe for NYE this year.

Hope this helps.

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

seela47 if your not going to do all inclusive then it would be cheaper booking the flight and hotel separate.

American Airlines, Delta and Air France all fly from France to Aruba. You may want to try hotels.com to check the prices of hotels.

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much did you pay for your trip to Aruba?

Thanks for your input bcs2565.

I can't wait to travel somewhere tropical for Christmas/New Years. I live near Toronto, Canada and our winters are cold. It's nice going away during the Christmas break to get away from the snow.

Have a great time on your trip and let us know how it was when you get back.