We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic surprise?

midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
Romantic surprise?

I will be in Aruba next week for most of the day(until 7 pm). It is just my wife and I. I want to do something romantic or just something that will knock her socks off. I never been to aruba and although I do try to be romantic I usually end up messing it up.. haha. Any suggestions? We don't really have any excursions or anything planned while there except enjoying the culture, food, and some shopping.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Romantic surprise?

What about a helicopter tour of the island???

midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
2. Re: Romantic surprise?

That would be exciting! How much would something like that cost? Thank You.

Boston...
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Romantic surprise?

Here is the website. I have not done it yet, but everyone on this board that has done it has loved it.

http://www.arubahelitours.com/

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
94 reviews
136 helpful votes
4. Re: Romantic surprise?

We loved the helicopter tour! In all of our years of traveling to Aruba, this was probably one of our favorite things to do!

Ontario
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
16 helpful votes
5. Re: Romantic surprise?

Sunset (5:30 seating) dinner for 2 at the Flying Fishbone? If you book far enough ahead you can reserve a table where you eat with your toes in the water...glass of wine...watch the sun go down...

Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: Romantic surprise?

Look into a dinner cruise aboard the Morning Star! I'm planning on the cruise as a 35th anniversary surprise for my wife. I have been very impressed with all of the conversations and information from Marciano & Katrin! You might be unable to book - but it would be a sure winner! The web address is: www.morningstararuba.com

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
94 reviews
136 helpful votes
7. Re: Romantic surprise?

The original poster said he would only be on the island until 7pm so a romantic dinner wouldn't work.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
826 posts
96 reviews
100 helpful votes
8. Re: Romantic surprise?

I would also recommend the helicopter island tour. It was the first time either of us had been on a helicopter and we both loved it.

If you are stopping off in Aruba on a cruise, you will see your ship from the air.

I posted some pictures of the tour on this site if you are interested.

midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
9. Re: Romantic surprise?

Thanks for the replies everyone... I would love to do a romantic dinner at sunset but yea, our cruise ship leaves at 7 so I don't think that would work out sadly.

I am going to check out the helicopter website right now.

midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
10. Re: Romantic surprise?

The helicopter ride price isn't that bad. Would the full island tour be better or just the beach one? Also, there is something called a 'fly and dine' but it says it doesn't include your transportation back nor the meal. Anyone know the cost of that particular restaurant?

Thanks