We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
all inclusive

Hi, my family and I are planning a first time trip to Aruba and I was wondering what people would recommend for an all inclusive resort. I was looking at the DIvi properties? Also is it better money wise to book the trip through a travel agency or just call them myself and book it?

Thank you for the help

13 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: all inclusive

Most people wont recommend all inclusive. I do like it sometimes and when we have done it we stayed at the Divi All Inclusive. I book my airfare/hotel separately usually, unless I get a better deal on a site like Expedia.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
69 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: all inclusive

I absolutely recommend doing all inclusive. We stayed at the Divi and had a great time. The property is beautiful, the staff nice, and everything was taken care of.

MD
Level Contributor
805 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: all inclusive

Definitely would not recommend AI in Aruba. Rent a car and go explore all the restaurants and beaches all over the island. Sure you can still do that at an AI place but it'll cost you more since you won't be taking advantage of the benefits of AI.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
466 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: all inclusive

You can do the AI but make sure you realize it might not be the same as you would see in other countries like Jamaica, Mexico or the DR. As for Aruba it isn't really a dangerous island and it does have great restaurants. Be sure to check all your options before commit.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
223 reviews
5. Re: all inclusive

Our family has done both AI and non AI and both have their plusses. We loved the Tamarijn for our first three visits to Aruba, mostly because our kids had a ball and we met so many nice people—staff and guests. Subsequent visits to AIs in Punta Cana made the Tam pale in comparison. A huge selling point for the Tam is the “Kids Under 12 Are Free!” policy (when we went, the policy covered kids up to age 18).

It depends on your budget and your expectations.

Good luck with your decision!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: all inclusive

The beauty of going to Aruba is being able to go to all the restaurants on this island. I think doing to all inclusive on this island is a mistake- even with little kids

Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: all inclusive

Making my 7th trip to Aruba in March...stayed at the Divi or Tam each time. The last time that we went I wanted to do non all-inclusive but my husband was adamant that he wanted to do AI. I think we've found the best of both worlds...we stay at Divi AI and leave the resort 2-3 times for dinner during our stay. This way we have all the drinks/snacks/breakfast/lunch that we want and we get to experience some of the great places to dine in Aruba. I know many say to stay away from AI but I have priced it out both ways and it was really comparable. After all, when I'm on vacation I do NOT want to go to a grocery store for snack, drinks, etc. (I mean,,,I hate doing that when I'm home let alone when I'm on vacation). Another bonus is that IMO, Divi AI has the best beach on the Island!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
8. Re: all inclusive

Do you recommend divi over the Marriot Surf/Ocean / stellaris? Just curious as we typically stay at Marriot timeshares and go non AI - family of 4 with teenagers

Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: all inclusive

I’ve only ever stayed in the low rise area where I feel it’s a little more laid back. I’ve never had the desire to go to the high rise area as I don’t want to deal with a crowded beach. I’ve also read that the water can be somewhat murky due to the water craft in that area. Not really sure how your teens would feel about a lower key area though.

Northern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: all inclusive

was you happy with the drinks they made for you there also what kind of beer do they have there, any American beer?

Reply to: all inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted