We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Airfare to Aruba is the cheapest I have ever seen it from JFK non stop. We always fly Jet Blue which is off $217.00 one way. Delta has a non stop for $175.00. Can anyone tell me if they like Delta Airlines main cabin.

Thanks,

Joanne

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
14 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,600 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

We fly Delta for business and vacation travel quite a few times a year (at least once a month). In the past, we always sat in the main cabin and never had any complaints. We've both been Medallion members (frequent flyer program) for quite a few years now though so haven't been in the main cabin that much anymore since we get free upgrades. We have sat in Delta's Comfort seats on occasion and have liked those with the extra leg room. We have always thought Delta has given us good service over the years on all of our flights.

n.y.
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

We take both out of J F K which ever ones cheapest lately Deltas been the cheapest . We think they are both about the same . Like em both .

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Go with the lowest fare. Both are decent airlines.

Have fun.

new york
Level Contributor
501 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Good morning- we prefer Jetblue. We love Terminal 5 at Jfk and find the economy Jetblue seats to be bigger than the Delta seats. I also have the Jetblue Mastercard which accrues those points very nicely. Our next Aruba trip is with points👍🏻👍🏻. We fly Delta, just not to Aruba. Whichever you choose, enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

We prefer Jetblue.. But, if you don't care about a bigger seats and free movies and some live tv for an hour or half for the flight and you don't have the jetblue credit card for free luggage and points.. Then go for the cheapest.

New England
Level Contributor
351 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Pay close attention to the seating choices. Invariably lower cost seating is indicative little/minimal leg room. As well other charges are often present - got checked bag(s)? A fee. Carryon? May be restricted ala Ryan Air (10Kg max - that's not much) & a 2nd carry on may have a fee. Do you get to reserve a seat or do you go where you are placed? It is the "rest of the story" that one must ferret out. With that done the true value is known.

Edited: 1:10 pm, October 20, 2017
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

We prefer JetBlue and fly them exclusively whenever we can. We also have the JetBlue Mastercard and get many flights with points - as well as half off any drinks, etc. purchased during the flight. That being said, we flew Delta to Atlanta a few years back in the main cabin and were pleasantly surprised. The seats and legroom weren't as big as JetBlue, but the TV was a nice size and the seats were fine. It was only a 3 hour flight. Will you be charged to check luggage?

We are flying Delta comfort on our return for an upcoming trip because the JetBlue flight times were horrendous.We get to choose the seats and checked luggage is free. In the end, book whatever you are comfortable with - saving money is always a plus!

Edited: 1:24 pm, October 20, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Daka630 - Very good points.. I forgot the main airlines have moved to basic economy seats now.

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

Thanks a lot to think about

New York
Level Contributor
587 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet Blue Vs. Delta

We flew Delta to Athens Greece this past summer amost 10 hour flight. I cant say enough about the flight crew the food choices the movies...etc They were wonderful I am sure it is not the same plane that flies to Aruba but I am a new fan of Delta! We could have paid for extra room on that flight as well but did not and we were fine

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Reply to: Jet Blue Vs. Delta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted