We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sprint cell service

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
835 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sprint cell service

We have Sprint as our carrier. My husband and I both have Global Roaming on our phones.

I had a chat session with 2 different agents and got 2 different answers!! Surprise, surprise!!

One agent told me I have to confirm my ICCID, update data profile, enable GSM mode, etc which is exactly what I had to do in May.

The other agent said, both phones are enrolled in global roaming and all I have to do is turn my phone back on when we land in Aruba and I'm good to go.

I know that technology is always being updated, so I'm not sure which agent is correct.

Those that have Sprint w/global roaming, what steps did you have to do?

Thanks!!

2 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
305 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sprint cell service

I have sprint and I don’t have an additional roaming plan. I called a few days before departure and was given a code to enter onto my phone before leaving the US. You have to go into your settings > cellular> roaming (toggle on) > then toggle on “international CDMA.”

Most plans come with basic roaming and Aruba is included in the list of applicable countres.

While in Aruba, I had 2G cell service. Free texting and phone calls were $0.22 per minute. No extra charges.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
835 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sprint cell service

That's exactly what I did in May.

Thanks!!

Reply to: Sprint cell service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted