We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer- itinerary

Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
first timer- itinerary

First time to Aruba, not sure whether to book the excursions now or when I get there. Heading out the middle of November

Arrive Thursday Afternoon (it's my birthday-smiles with excitement) head out to Carubbian festival. Not sure of Transportation - Bus, Taxi or el tours.

Friday

Explore island / eat up all the local food.

Saturday

Aruba fauna tour

Sunday

UTV

Monday

De palm island

Tuesday

Jolly pirates

Wednesday

Hike mount hooiberg

Explore island

Thursday

Depart

14 replies to this topic
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: first timer- itinerary

a wonderful happy birthday trip!!

you certainly have a lot of things scheduled.

if you are not interested in beach time, then your days will be filled with a good list of fun excursions.

I always recommend folks, not to over schedule and leave plenty of beach time.

sometimes booking "pre trip" gives you a small discount.

however once you get to Aruba, and if you change your mind, you may be stuck with your pre paid plan and not be able to make a switch

I think that I would opt to wait till I got there to book.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: first timer- itinerary

That would be way to busy for me. I prefer 1-2 days or "things to do" and the rest of the time I am chilling on the beach and swimming/snorkeling.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: first timer- itinerary

Book activities after you arrive. This is not high season, so it shouldn't be a problem. You may not feel like doing a scheduled activity when the time arrives. Be flexible.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: first timer- itinerary

Agree with Tony - unless you are one that sticks to an itinerary once you've made it. I would at least have a day to just chill in there somewhere, but that's all we do in Aruba anyway :)

Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: first timer- itinerary

Thanks all, okay I think I will wait til I get there before booking.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
217 reviews
6. Re: first timer- itinerary

That sounds like a great itinerary to me, too! I hope you have a great time, but I echo those who have suggested some downtime. If you do end up going to the Carubbian Festival, will you please let us know what you think? We have been twice, thankfully under our own steam with a rental car. It went from bad to worse and I am curious to see if it has improved over the years.

phila
Level Contributor
568 posts
1 review
7. Re: first timer- itinerary

Too busy for me. Even with our first stay. We scheduled ABC jeep tour half day to see the island once. And another Black Pearl sunset cruise. Always believed the land vacation was too boring. But its so nice and peaceful. Do not forget to schedule in to watch a sunset and stay for like 30 minutes to watch the sky shows.

marietta, ga
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: first timer- itinerary

Doing too much. One of the nicest things about Aruba is it beaches. So give yourself plenty of time to just chill out during the day at the beach. Then have a nice dinner at one of the many great restaurants. We go to Aruba because we want to just chill out.

Level Contributor
52 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: first timer- itinerary

On our first trip there we did the MI Dushi snorkel day and a Jeep tour to Natural pool and Arikok antother day and left a few days open. that gave us a good idea of what the island is like, and what there is to do. I would wait to book too much, you might enjoy lounging on the beach too! Rent a jeep one day and explore on your own. We have been back several times since then for the laid back calm of it. Enjoy and happy birthday

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
113 reviews
10. Re: first timer- itinerary

I'm pretty active and busy on vacations myself as I always want to see and do everything in case I never get the chance to return.

My personal opinion, unless you have kids that want to enjoy the water park at De Palm Island, I would skip that and just spend the day at one of the other gorgeous Aruba beaches. Same experience but much less costly.

And don't be too rigid on your schedule of which day you do what. If you are climbing Mt. Hooiberg, do it on a clear day so you get the advantage of seeing Venezuela from the top.

Depending on where your UTV and fauna tours take you, you may have already explored much of the island and can use some of your exploring days for beach and chill time.

Most importantly, do what makes you happy so it truly is a very happy birthday! Cheers!!

Reply to: first timer- itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted