We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AC or no AC November/December

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
AC or no AC November/December

Is air conditioning required or not during November and December?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AC or no AC November/December

That's very much a personal choice. I don't use it - but then I don't like a/c and would choose a through breeze and a fan at pretty much any time of year. If you're used to it, and like to stay cold, then you'll want it.

In terms of temperatures and humidity, provided you have a decent ceiling fan, you certainly don't need it in the winter months.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AC or no AC November/December

Thx. This is from the wife of Mr really-needs-his A/C. You sent the perfect answer (for me ;-).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AC or no AC November/December

this really depends on the property, in EH where we live we have a constant wind and some ceiling fans and we live an inside/outside life. If you have Ac you need to keep everything in your property shut down to keep the cool in. Most people who live here do not have Ac, and consider Nov/Dec time to put some blankets on the bed!

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AC or no AC November/December

Agree with mun - it greatly depends on where the property is located, and how the breeze flows through the building. However by November it has cooled down from the warmer and more humid summer months, and for most people a ceiling fan is all that is required.

That being said, I personally would say to find somewhere with both, and see how it goes, at least for the first visit, if you're not used to no AC in tropical countries

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AC or no AC November/December

Thanks for responding. We'll be located at FH and every indication points to no AC needed. We're staying for month and my always hot hubby was the one concerned. Thanks for sending the response I hoped for. For me

AC = :-/

6. Re: AC or no AC November/December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about English Harbour