We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galleon beach reopening?

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
galleon beach reopening?

Hi, I just received an email saying that Galleon Beach was reopening on December 1. They won't have any water sports or reception services available in the beginning. It doesn't say whether or not the restaurant is open. Does anyone have any information on this hotel and the status that is it at? It is my husbands and I first pick for the beginning of February 2008. The one thing we don't want is a bunch of construction noises the whole time we are there. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: galleon beach reopening?

I emailed them I wanted to come in Dec. and was told they are closed.

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: galleon beach reopening?

I emailed them about one month ago and they said they were closed but they emailed me this week and said the beach cottages only would be open by Dec. 01. There would be no water sports or reception services. It seems strange they would email me with this information if it is not true? What do I do?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: galleon beach reopening?

I have heard they are opening as they have not yet got the national parks permission for there new build. I had also heard they were going to concentrate on medium term lets (ie monthly), but this may be wrong. I think the hotel type services will be limited.

The restaurant is definately open, closed Thursdays, I ate twp delicious lunches there within the last two weeks.

Hope this helps - Mun

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: galleon beach reopening?

Thank you so much for your help. I think we may go for it! If you hear anything else it would be great if you could let me know.

Sue

5. Re: galleon beach reopening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about English Harbour