We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather right now?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather right now?

We are coming on Tuesday but all the forecast sites I can find are predicting quite high winds...will this ruin our trip? We have a baby with us so were planning on a very relaxed time swimming in the sea, playing on the beach etc.....

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather right now?

Heavy rains today and quite windy. More of the same tomorrow. I think you will be ok for Tuesday however.

Regards

Mark

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather right now?

It was cloudy and windy and somewhat rainy today throughout the Leeward Islands.

The most accurate forecasts for wind and sea conditions can be found at windguru.com and windfinder.com - those are the websites used by most sailors and mariners. Right now those forecasts for the coming week are for winds of around 20 to 25 mph with gusts getting close into the low 30's mph and daytime highs in the low 80's F. Whether or not you those conditions will "ruin your trip" is something you'll have to decide for yourself.

Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather right now?

Thanks...I don't really know how windy that will be? Are we talking hats blowing off our heads? We will be staying at Hawksbill, am i right in hoping we might be a bit sheltered there? Thanks anyone for any thoughts, so hoping for some good weather, we are coming for two weeks!

North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather right now?

Weather is terrible right now, rain storms and high winds since yesterday. we are over at long bay so probably windier than the west coast of the island. Doubt your hat would stay on here even if you glued it to your head!. Praying for sun and calm seas tomorrow - fingers crossed!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather right now?

Bump to the top

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the weather right now?

Quite sunny and warm but very breezy. The heavy rains over the weekend are gone.

Mark

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the weather right now?

Much sunnier, although there have been a bit of scattered showers

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the weather right now?

We arrive on Saturday and I realise that between now and Saturday weather is unpredictable anywhere in the world but I notice that on some weather forecast sites that the wind and hence the waves are very high. Is this the case at the moment at Jolly Beach?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's the weather right now?

don't know about the waves at Jolly but here in English Harbour we do have the Christmas winds, but the sun is shinning after the rain of the last few days. bring a cover up for the evenings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's the weather right now?

If the winds are strong at English Harbour I guess that the ocean would be too wavy to swim, not sure whether there is any swim in that area though