We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Currency

What is the preferred currency for Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel area USA Dollars or East Caribbean Dollars.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Currency

If you're buying currency before you travel, then US$ are usually the easiest. If you're buying on island (bank or ATM - resorts give an appalling rate), then EC$. You'll get change in EC$ either way. If you're staying AI and just paying for the odd trip or souvenir, US are fine. Credit and debit cards are widely accepted.

2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Currency

Thank you for your helpful message. We will take a mix of currency and a credit card when we go.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Currency

i found it easiest to use ec, less time needed to figure out what things cost and ec is excepted everywhere. good tip is to go to a bank for exchange, just went at the end of april/begining of may and exchange was 2.67 per us dollar

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Currency

Either are accepted anywhere

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
5. Re: Currency

To all:

I am going next Saturday. Is there any ATM or office in the airport ( upon arrival) in where I can exchange dollars or do I have to go to a bank? I read that the banks not open on week -ends........still the case?

Thanks,

Varadero 35

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Currency

There is an ATM at the airport, and the Coolidge branch of ECAB (by the airport exit) is open until 11.30 am on a Saturday if you're arriving early.

Where are you staying? There may be an ATM on the way.

Otherwise, just bring some US cash, which is universally accepted.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
7. Re: Currency

Thanks mizgeorge.

Varadero 35

8. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. John's