We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel plugs @ G.P.B...

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel plugs @ G.P.B...

going to G.P.B. and need to know what travel plug we need to take with us can anyone help please...

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

The sockets are US style 2 flat pins and the voltage is 110 not 240 as in the UK. Don't take your hardrier as it will not work unless it is a travel hairdrier which you can change from 240 volts to 110 volts. Basic (non-electronic) hair straighteners will work ok but will take longer to heat up. Electronic straighteners may not work (depends on the model). Look on the label with the electrical details on and it should tell you the input voltage. If it is 240 volts then they will not work, but if it says an input voltage range e.g. 100 - 240 then they will work perfectly well. Travel kettles will work even if they are 240 volts only, but will take longer to boil.

Give me a shout if you have any specific questions

Keith

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

thanks kieth...was going to take my hair dryer as well..what are the hair dryers like there are they powerful enough...cant do without my dryer..haha. did you enjoy your self there did you stay at G.P.B...

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

My hair is about half an inch long so I've asked the expert (my wife) and she says they are fine. Yeah, we've been to GPB twice and loved it both times.

Keith

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

Tsh - What room type are you in? We stayed twice in a beachfront room that had an 'English' socket behind the TV.This was great for charging Ipads,ipod,phones etc.

Mrs C used the room dryer that was OK....her own kryptonite turbo charged one didn't work that well due to the difference in voltage.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

haha..cheers keith...cant wait now we fly out on tuesday really looking forward to it..x

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

hi steve we have booked a tropical water front room..and thanks for the info..

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

when we were at sandals they had the English sockets there

8. Re: travel plugs @ G.P.B...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations