We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

I'm on the Antigua/St John forum so I can assume you picked Antigua.

Why? What made you pick Sandals Antigua?

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

We've been to both. St. Lucia in 2008, Antigua 2012 and going back to Antigua 2013. Does that tell you anything. Loved them both but loved Antigua so much more. Food was better, love the resort and everyone was sooo friendly. Not that they weren't in St. Lucia but more so in Antigua. The beach party in St. Lucia we liked better. The playmakers we liked better in Angtiua. any specific questions i'd be happy to answer.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

i think they are comparable. You need to decide which island you want to visit. I was not crazy with St Lucia because there were no other beaches to walk to. We are headed to Antigua in March and this is not the case.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

also the trip to the airport is 90 mins to st lucia grande, whereas its 20 mins to antigua grande

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

St. Lucia it depends on which airport you fly into. we flew in to the smaller airport so were only about 20 mins from the resort. Also, for us personally it's quicker to get to Antigua vs St. Lucia and that makes a difference to me. we can get to Antigua at 3 p.m. where we can't get to St. Lucian until 11 p.m.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

If you go to St Lucia, Halcyon was a great place for us. It was quiet at night and we visited the Grande during the day. Had a Blast! Got the Romeo and Juliet butler suite (47 steps to ocean) for less than a consierge at Grande. The Helicopter flight from the main airport was around $200 but beyond worth it! We saved the 90 minute ride to the airport for on the way home. (when you do not want to leave) Out of all our vacations Halcyon St Lucia has been the best, but we agreed to try a different place every time so this year it is Antigua and Granada as soon as it opens!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

Both were great but definitely preferred Antigua. Hated the airport ride in St. Lucia. Hard to put a finger on but just sooooo preferred Antigua. Hopefully returning there next January. Told hubby I won't do St. Lucia w/o doing the helicopter if we go back. Food was better at Antigua we thought but that is a very subjective topic. Smaller island so easier to tour it we thought.

7. Re: Can't decide Sandals Antigua or Sandals St. Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 05, 2014