We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

Hello,

We are planning a trip to Antigua in July.

Need help on deciding where to stay. Grand Pinapple or Verandah? Also, does anyone know which room catagories in Grand Pinaple have been renevated?

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

Hi CaribeFan,

It's the Grand Pineapple Beach Resort luxury ocean view rooms that have been renovated.

Mike

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

It's the tropical waterfront rooms that were renovated for sure... not so sure about the ocean view - of which i've read complaints about.

We are going in two weeks and are staying in the tropical waterfront room.

grandpineapple.com/resorts/…

Kent, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

I stayed last June at the GPB, we had a tropical waterfront room and it was fabulous. It was nicely decorated and comfortable. Right on the waters edge and the best rooms at the resort in my opinion.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

I am going to put my vote in for the Verandah resort. We booked the oceanfront rooms at GPB last year and they over booked and put is in a dingy dark bug invested room. Since we had a child they could not upgrade us to Sandals so we left the resort and went to the Verandah which saved our vacation. We loved it so much that we just came back from a 10 day stay at the Verandah 2 days ago.

They are different hotels, the GPB is directly on the beach but it can get busy as cruise ships now send tours to this beach and it is attached to your hotel.

The Verandah is on a cliff on the waters edge with amazing views from your balcony. They have 2 smaller beaches which are quiet and if you choose to want to visit Long Beach (GPB Beach) it is only a 3 minute walk.

Enjoy the island as the local people are amazing and you will have a great vacation.

Louisville, Kentucky
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

Just got back from Verandah. Cannot recommend it enough. Had an absolute blast. Gorgeous resort. Great staff.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

Hi Kris A, glad you had had great time on the verandah, I have put a couple of posts on here with questions regarding the Verhandah resort, would you be kind enough to have a look and maybe give me ( and others) some info please..

Best wishes

7. Re: Grand Pinapple or Verandah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. John's