We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Late Jan

London, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Late Jan

Anyone else going to late Jan, counting the days now, very excited

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Gad-About-Gaynor,

We wont be to the resort until Feb. 2nd, but I wanted to ask you if you have ever done either of the 2 Sandals Exclusive catermaran tours? We are thinking of booking either the "Sandals Exclusive" or the "Circumnavigation Cruise Sandals Exclusive"....if you have done either of these, any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Lacey

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Lacey - The circumnavigation tour is well worth doing - although it does get a bit rough where the Caribbean sea meets the Atlantic.

I personally would book this trip off on of th ebeach vendors on Dickenson Bay (the beach at Sandals) you will pay considerabley less than the hotel charges.

if memory serves me correctly I think you can also book the trip at the beach bar on the beach.

I persoannly never pay a deposit for these trips despite being asked to and pay by card at the beach bar for the trip.

Hope this helps.

Oakville
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Sandals Late Jan

My partner and I are going Jan 23 to 30. Can't wait!

London, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Sandals Late Jan

No we haven't done either of those tours so I would consider StevenC's comments.

I hope you have a great holiday BEACHeaven

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Thank you StevenC and Gad-About-Gaynor!

We are so excited to visit Antigua, and will definitely do the Circumnavigation tour!

;)

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Don't book through Sandals - they load the cost hugely and pay less to the tour operators than anyone else - and they're just the same tours.

However if the operator 'knows' you're staying at Sandals they can't take your booking privately. Catch 22.

So, book independently - either using one of the beach vendors or direct with their websites (usually a discount for doing this), and simply state that you're staying "on Dickenson Bay" - use a cell number for contact rather than the resort. No rules broken and smiling faces all round!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Mizgeorge is sooo right! I tried to book a fishing charter (6 hours whole boat split 4 ways for $650) They told me if I was at sandals I would have to take their 4 hour tour for$250 with up to 10 people . I was transformed into a dickenson bay traveler an I am now booked.

Oakville
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Sandals Late Jan

Have you gone over to Barbuda or Anguilla? I see there are boat excursions to Barbuda. Does the resort offer excursions that are guided by air (15 min trip)? How about Anguilla? I am told to take advantage of seeing these places since we are so close.

29. Re: Sandals Late Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2014