We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPBR late check out?

glasgow
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
GPBR late check out?

hi,

we will be at the Pineapple for 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone has experience and an idea of price for a late check out? is this best arranged when we arrive, with tour company or by prior email?

if this is not possible is there a room we can use to freshen up, ideally shower.

all help appreciated

South Wales
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GPBR late check out?

Hi, we got back yesterday and should have been checked out of our room at 12 o'clock which does give you a long time until you leave at 6. There was an option to hang on to your room until you leave which costs $50 US. We decided to do that as it gave us plenty of time to pack and shower etc. If you don't pay that, the hotel will pick up your bags at 10.30 am, you are checked out at 12 but they will allow you access to a garden room at about 4.30 for 30 minutes ( per family not person ) to shower.

We didn't book the extra time until the last day.

Debs

Lincs
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPBR late check out?

Welcome home Debs... Hope you had a fab time! You might be able to answer a question I just posted... Will I be able to use my straighteners plugged in via a UK to USA adapter in the Garden View room? Apparently the USA sockets are 110v opposed to a Uk 240v...

Thanks

M

Ps... About that spider...!!

South Wales
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPBR late check out?

Hi, I'm waiting for Mr Debs for the answer to that question ....and upload the photo of the spidey!!

Lincs
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GPBR late check out?

I look forward to both :) thanks

South Wales
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GPBR late check out?

Hi, Yes you van via an adaptor but there was a uk style plug socket in our room also. Piccy for you!!

…blogspot.com/-h2xrNjvQ9z0/…IMGA0496.JPG

This little guy was on next doors patio area but only saw him once!

Debs

Lincs
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GPBR late check out?

Thanks Debs... OMG that IS a beast!! I hope he doesn't come back to look for you when we're there!!

M

glasgow
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GPBR late check out?

thanks Debs,

we will also be staying in a garden room. did you find it ok?

South Wales
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GPBR late check out?

Hi, no we stayed in a beachfront room ( number 227 ), the best garden rooms are most definately 127 and 128, I'd E Mail ahead and try to get one of those.

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GPBR late check out?

Hair straighteners and other electrical equipment will only work correctly if the input voltage range is 100 to 240 volts, or if there is a switch to change the voltage from 240 to 110. Some straighteners are multi-voltage (my wife's GHDs are). For any electrical item you need to check the sticker on the item to see if it is 240 volts only. If it is then it will not work. The exceptions to this are things which only have a heating element e.g. a travel kettle and very basic hair straighteners. These will work but will be a lot slower. Anything with electronics will only work if 110 volts is within the input voltage range of the item.

Keith

10. Re: GPBR late check out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 15, 2013