We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Select Points

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Select Points

Hi

We are about to take our third sandals trip. We have quite a few sandals select points, to be honest I am not too sure how these work? We have booked the bottom level room as we are going from the UK and for 14 nights, its far too expensive to upgrade to a higher level room. If I email the resort, am I able to use our points towards upgrading the room? We booked through Thomson and I did give them our membership number.

Any help appreciated...thanks

Michelle

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
804 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Select Points

We've used Sandals points a few times. We booked our room via Sandals UK and they reduced the room price by quite a lot and using some points.

Give them a call - 08000 22 30 30 - ask for Simone.

Neil

Edited: 10:24 am, June 03, 2012
Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Select Points

Thanks for your reply Neil

We have already booked through Thomson, I spoke to the sandals rep at the ideal home expo and she said we should have booked through them...deffo will next time!

I wasn't sure if you could use therm directly with the hotel...if not we will just keep them and book through sandals uk next time.

Michelle

London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Select Points

In the past we have booked through Virgin, we have claimed our Sandals Select points each time. You may need to contact Simone at Sandals as Neil has advised, then she will contact the Miami office who will issue you a letter for Thomson and which states the amount of discount you have available to come off the cost of the holiday. It sounds long winded, but isn't really and should go a long way to getting you your room upgrade.

Simone can aslo advise you on whats else you could spend your points on.

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Select Points

Oh excellent

I will contact Simone today

Thanks for all your help

Michelle

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Select Points

Michelle - There are,apparently 24 different categories of room at Sandals Antigua!

Hope your points help you get an upgrade, you stand a better chance of upgrade if the resort s quieter.

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Select Points

Thanks Steven

Yep, there are loads of room choices...far too costly to upgrade for the two weeks but even if my points get us a one room upgrade that would be something :)

Thomson are waiting to hear back from Sandals Select so fingers crossed!

I cant see July being at capacity but you can never tell.

7. Re: Sandals Select Points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. John's