We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

We honeymooned at Sandals St Lucia Grande 6 years ago. Would like to visit Antigua, but not sure we need to splurge on the luxuries of Sandals and "top" our honeymoon experience (though it looks beautiful!). I would be okay with staying at a less fancy all inclusive, suggestions? Is there anything under $200 pp/pn on the island?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

You could do Cocobay for that - it's a much more intimate resort, with a cottage layout (and very popular with honeymooners) and very good food for an AI.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

Thanks, any other suggestions? I guess I'm worried about begin dissappointed by another resort, since we've had the Sandals experience! Although I am not sure we need "all" that Sandals offers this time. Depending on price might just be worth it though..

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

We stayed in Beachfront Club Room at Hawksbill and did the AI option. It wasn't bad. Not anything like the fantastic AI we love in Negril, Jamaica, Couples Swept Away, which I adore for their incredible water sports program.

rexresorts.com/hawksbill-room-types-faciliti…

If you go to Antigua, I can't recommend the high speed catamaran day trip to Barbuda enough. Awesome and wonderful snorkeling in gin clear water!!

Happy Planning!

Edited: 1:25 pm, May 23, 2012
Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

Cocobay really is wonderful, a lot more intimate than the big resorts!

We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary there, and will be going back! Staff are amazingly attentive, and go above and beyond, and with it being a very small resort you are just made to feel special!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

The Verrandah Resprt and Spa is a great bang for the buck. Mid priced all inclusive. It is very quite so if you're looking for a party place this is not it. Otherwise it is a great place, We have been there several times and planning to return this winter.

6. Re: Thinking about Antigua - should we "top" our honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, June 21, 2013