We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs at Antigua airport.

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Topic
Customs at Antigua airport.

We are flying into ANU on 12/10 and I have heard some rumors about customs upon arrival. I have heard that on Saturdays, the customs lines can be hours long. Any truths to this? I have also heard that if you tip the right people(baggage handlers?), your wait will be much shorter? I purposely booked a more expensive flight to begin enjoying my trip early, at 2pm, and I do not love the idea of not getting to my resort until hours later. Can anyone chime in?

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Customs at Antigua airport.

Great info! We arrive and leave on a Sunday, so hopefully it will be ok, if its busy we will try the porter trick! We have had all kinds of luck with the lineups at other airports, last time to Cancun was over five hours from landing to hotel, we got through quick but most of the other people on our bus got caught up in line, so we just grabbed some cold ones and enjoyed the tropical air! In Jamaica, we were 20mins from landing to leaving on our shuttle so who can predict!! I would rather be standing in a lineup in Antigua in March than shovelling snow at home :)

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Customs at Antigua airport.

Are the long queues seasonal or is it like that all year round? We will be arriving at around 2pm on a BA flight on a Saturday next May.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Customs at Antigua airport.

Not seasonal IMO, in truth I have spent more time in a line at some US airports than I have in Antigua, it really is not that bad!

central ny
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Customs at Antigua airport.

grab some rum punch from the greeters and start your holiday. that said, where you are on the plane matters. being closer to the doors will determine where you are in line. that said there are times I am through and waiting for the cases :)

35. Re: Customs at Antigua airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 24, 2014