We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals whats the beer like??

dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
Sandals whats the beer like??

since im irish i like a beer or 2 and i just wonder what they have in sandals grande antigua

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
868 reviews
1. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Mostly US & Caribbean lager type beers, but nice and cold. Bottles and draught.

They do have Guinness in the Cricketers pub. It's mainly a cocktails resort.

N

dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
2. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Great thanks for getting back to me, I seen you had the details of the excursions, do you have that brochure?

Is there any chance you could mail me a copy please, i would love to see it before i go.

Thanks!

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

I found an interesting site for a brewery in Antigua

http://www.antiguabrewery.com/index.html

They brew Guinness on the island along with carib and red strips.

I wonder if you can take a tour

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
868 reviews
4. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

I only have a hard copy of the tours brochure.

I've posted it on the forums.

N

dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
5. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Cheers Neil.,

I think i read in 1 of your previous posts about car rental and im just wondering can u hire a Mercedes or somethin similar and whats it cost for 2 days roughly and also if u know a good car hire company

Thanks

Gerry

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
868 reviews
6. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Hi Gerry

We've not hired a car. The island is only small so we just use cabs. You can get cabs outside the supermarket next door. they do 1/2 and full day tours.

If you do need a car, I'm sure others can help here.

N

dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
7. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Cheers Neil i just cant wait to go there now.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
868 reviews
8. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

You'll have a great time. Plenty to do if you want to, or nothing if you prefer.

Have a great hol.

Neil

California
Level Contributor
519 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

Just got back and thought I'd add some info on the beer. The Waldadli is actually pretty good, a pale lager, locally brewed and available widely on the resort. The Carib was there too, also brewed on the island, and going to be more like Miller Light from the US. A bit tasteless and watered down, but I'm in to microbrews and fuller bodied beers. Red Stripe is available on tap at the pub and they also have the Guinness as mentioned before. However, it is the Guinness Extra Stout in bottles which taste a bit different than the original, which I'm sure you know all about. :)

Have a great trip!

Edited: 8:30 am, January 05, 2010
10. Re: Sandals whats the beer like??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about St. John's