We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from the airport

Missouri
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxis from the airport

We are planning on staying at the Jolly Beach Resort and was wondering if taxis will take us to the resort from the airport? How much do they charge in US dollars? Also, We have thought about staying 10 nights at the resort next year in February. Anyone think we'll get bored? Is it crowded that time of year? We do plan on exploring beyond the resort occasionally during the daytime, but wanted to know anyway. Thanks!

Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from the airport

I asked too soon! I figured out my answer to the taxi questions, but does anyone have any advice on the other questions I have??

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from the airport

It's a big resort, with plenty to do, so you won't get bored, and the beach is HUGE, so it never gets crowded, although February is a busy time of year.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from the airport

Just got back.

always use Jolly Beach, but not the resort. Good weather in Feb, but it is high seaon so will be at it's most crwoded. Even if that isn't really crowded lol.

Walk around th head to Ffryes beach, hire a car/take alocal bus down to Darkwood Beach.

We always do the drive to Half Moon bay. With a stop in English/Falmouth harbour on the way back. a lot easier now that Fig Tree Drive is much improved. With the lights you can even do it at night now.

4. Re: Taxis from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations