We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

NY
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

Please describe the different restaurants in terms of ambiance, service, food selection etc... We are only going to be there for three nights and want to choose wisely.

Thank you!

Indiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

I would make sure and visit Kimono's they food was wonderful and the service excellent. As it is a Japanese style restaurant you do sit with other people so if you are wanting a romantic dinner with the two of you this is not it. We liked Mario's also it is Italian style and you can sit at a table for two. The service was good and we had dinner around 9 some people do complain about service being slow but we had no problems. Mex Tex had a nice dinner but the ambiance was more casual. Barefoot by the Beach had good food and no reservations and it was nice eating on the beach and romantic. We did not really care for Eleanors food but the ambiance was nice.

NY
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

Great - thank you -

we are only there for three nights, so I am thinking Marios, Barefoot and one other. Have you been to OK Corral, I have heard that is the "steak" place?

Wirral, Merseyside...
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

We went to Sandals Antigua in November. Kimonos - food was bland and the chef was miserable and did not do any "showmanship" at all. We couldnt wait to leave as the atmosphere was awful. Marios has a wonderful a la carte menu and I can recommend the red snapper. Lovely ambience ( bit chilly with the air conditioning so take a shawl). Barefoot by the Sea - relaxing meal overlooking the ocean and nice food. Eleanors was popular so we didnt get to at in there. Have heard mixed reviews about that one but cannot comment myself. OK Corral was nice. Not a romantic ambience at all as very busy restaurant and tables quite close together and very noisy. Bayside Restaurant seemed to offer the widest variety of food and had a nice ambience. You could also consider booking a romantic meal for 2 on the beach. I recall it was about $150 dollars and can be booked when you get there. Enjoy.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
806 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

For romance, the Bayside and Elenors are very nice as they are adjacent to the beach. Try them first. Others are all fine, though different, but dining by the sea takes some beating. Not tried a private meal on the beach. No booking required unless the hotel is very busy, then You may need to book Elenors. Enjoy.

N&B

NY
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

Great - thank you. We leave tomorrow and will incorporate all of these suggestions!

6. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 21, 2009