We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

Hi,

We will be staying at Sandals in March in the CV side for our 5th anniversary. I was wondering do we need to take our marriage certificate with us?

Also, I noticed that you can check-in online to save time on arrival at the resort. Has anyone done this? If so do you think it was worthwhile?

Thanks for your help guys :-)

Blackburn, England
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

Check-in at the resort is a very relaxed process. You are seated on comfortable settees and get cold towels to refresh yourself and a glass of champagne. Its a chance to relax a little after a long journey The whole process doesn't take very long so I cant see that checking-in on-line will save you a lot of time.

We went on honeymoon in August and didn't have to produce any evidence that we were just married, but you should check with the resort to put your mind at rest.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

We have never taken our marriage certificate to any Sandals, and we've celebrated three anniversarys there.

We did the check-in on line and when we got there, they didn't have it, so it didn't save any time. But you're on vacation, so there is no rush. I had made a copy before I left and gave it to them.

Have a great time and Happy Anniversary in advance!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

We have stayed at Sandals and have never had to take our marriage certificate with us as have spent a couple of anniversarys there.

Read from a few people's trip reports the online check in does not work properly but as someone else said the check in process is very relaxed with champagne and cold towels.

Your on holiday so just adjust to caribbean time (which takes a bit of getting used to!)

Have a great time and happy anniversary

Durham, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

Thanks everyone for your advice. You're right, we'll be on holiday and just need to chill!!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

We honeymooned at Sandals Negril in '03 and have spent every anniversary at a different Sandals since. We've never taken our certificate, even for our honeymoon. The concierge team has always done a little something for us to make it a memorable night :-)

We'll be on the MV side in March :-)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

.... for our 5th anniversary as well!

7. Re: Sandals Antigua - Anniversary Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 19, 2009