We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim cards

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sim cards

Hi all

Does anyone know if you can buy prepaid sim cards in Antigua that yiou can just put straight into your mobile/cell phone? I know my husband did this in Jamaica and was wondering if it s possible in Antigua with Digicell or something?

Many thanks

Antigua, West Indies
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim cards

Yes, indeed you can by SIM CARDS plus prepaid telephone cards.

There is DIGICELL and APUA and I think even CABLE & WIRELESS sell them now. Best regards

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim cards

worthwhile checking that your handset is not locked to your UK network and that the handset is the right band for Antigua(i think its tri band).

nothing worse than getting there and it not working!!

Ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim cards

Why buy a sim card there when you can get a world SIM to use just about anywhere and on multiple trips for less money. I wouldn't get the Cubic Telecom, though. Despite the cheaper rates and time block cost, there is a minimum 25 euro time block charge of which only 5 euros is refundable, the rest of which disappears into their pocket at the rate of 1 euro/ mo. if phone is unused during that month. Other companies such as GOSIM and Mobal do not have this policy, so the unused time block you purchase is still there for you even if you don't travel for a few years. This policy, in effect, makes CT's card significantly more expensive than most others for the infrequent traveler, and no bargain for even those who travel several times a year.

GOSIM is best for frequent callers, Mobal for emergency only callers (card is free, calls expensive). Check out their websites for more info.

4. Re: Sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 12, 2009