We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

I'm shopping for my next Sandals trip and Antigua is the front runner. While the mediterranian village sounds very nice, I couldn't care less about a swimming pool. I go to the islands to enjoy the warm ocean water and the beach. Are any of the new rooms and suites situated close to the beach? I don't want to have to walk half a mile to get to the sand. My last sandals trip was to Negril, and we just loved walking right out of our room onto the beach. I know about the rondovals on the beach at Antigua, but frankly, they look crappy and I've read they're small.

And, can someone point me to pics of the new village? I've read people reference photos that people here have taken, but I can't seem to find them.

Lastly, what's the scoop on snorkeling in Antigua? I've ruled out going to Sandals St. Lucia becuase the beaches are not swimmer and snorkeling friendly. We spend a lot of time fish-watching.

THANKS!!!

Diamonds International
Gift & Specialty Shops
Redcliffe Quay
Piers & Boardwalks, Architectural Buildings, Shopping Malls
Silver Chelles
Gift & Specialty Shops
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

The older part of Sandals has rooms a stones throw from the beach.

Pictures of the old and new are available via this link

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g147243-d1482…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

The rondovals aren't huge, and the don't have privacy as there's a walkway running right in front of most of them. The baths are quite small although they're supposed to be updated they probably haven't yet. Honeymoon Oceanview Suites are pretty good, and there are lots of other room categories right on the beach or close to the beach. You will probably like this resort. We liked it much better than Negril, anyway.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

To be more specific, aside from some of the butler level suites, the ground level Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Rooms (Frangipani block - CV side) offer direct beach access.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

Oh thanks for the link to the pictures!! GREAT!

Looks very nice! I am excited!

I appreciated the feedback given so far!!!

5. Re: Sandal Antigua - Med village - rooms near beach? Pics?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John's