We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

Stratford...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

I'm getting married in Antigua next week & wondered if anyone has any tips/advice for me? I've decide to bring my gown as carry-on on the plane since I'd be really upset if it got lost or delayed. Hopefully, it won't hold us up at customs or security.I'm getting married at blue Waters Resort. Already planning to go to Shirley Heights on Sunday, any other romatic trips to take? Also, thinking of doing a boat tour around island w/barbeque (???). Maybe horseback riding on the beach. A lot of relaxing on the beach, around the pool, maybe a little shopping. We're going AI, but can anyone recommend some good restaurants that aren't outrageously expensive?

Adventure Antigua
Speed Boats Tours, Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Catamaran Sailing Antigua
Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

I went to Blue waters resort in May with my boyfriend and it was amazing! We saw about 5 weddings in our 10day stay, and spoke to a few of the couples getting married. the general feel was that the wedding co-ordinator was lovely and really helpful. The position of the place for the ceromony is beautiful and when its all decorated in flowers is breath taking! Most of the couples opted for the latest time ceremony as the heat was just emense! Although you are slightly sheltered and there is a slight breeze at times the humidity is so intense still!

A lot of couples who got married went on a catamran from the ceramoney out to sea to watch the sun set then returned for dinner and sometimes a bit of a dance in the night to the bands playing.

Many people carried on their wedding dresses and got them hung up in first class, if u ask nicely.

We too went AL, we loveld the food so much that we didnt venture out for dinner anywhere else. the Cove is just a short distance from the hotel but it is expensive.

Instead of a boat around the island we opted for the helicopter ride, it was amazing, not expensive and 100% worth it!

We unfortunatly didnt visit Shirley Heights but everyone raved about it, so it must be good!

There is a man that comes round the pool who arranges trips, he has everything from boats, jet ski, horse riding, anything really, although if u dont book with him he can become slightly annoying untill he gets the message.

Hope that this is some help to you.

High Wycombe
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

Hi there,

I'm getting married at Blue Waters in March so would appreciate any tips you could give me once you get back from Honeymoon.

I hope it's as good as all the reports say.

Have a fantastic wedding.

Best wishes,

Sandra

Lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

Hi,

I've just returned from Blue Waters where we got married and spent our honeymoon. Definitely go on the Wadadli boat trip around the island, it was the best day of the holiday for us. We also took a boat trip over to Barbuda, which is unbelievably beautiful, although the crossing was choppy and caused a few cases of sea-sickness!

Don't expect Shirley Heights to be a romantic evening out, although it is fun. The hotel puts on a taxi to it as it's the other side of the island, this leaves at 4.00pm and takes around an hour. We didn't really know what to expect. When we got there it was fairly quiet but things soon picked up. There's a steel band until 7.00pm, and then another band with singer comes on until it ends at 10.00pm. Cheap drinks and good bbq food.

We also hired a car, which was a good way to see the island, although apart from the hotels there's not an awful lot else to see, apart from the gorgeous beaches that is.

The Cove is the only restaurant within walking distance of BW, but on the day we hired the car we ate at The Waterfront which is nearby and was excellent - great food, good service and much cheaper than BW. I would definitely recommend it.

Our wedding was lovely. We got married at 4.30pm, and although it was still hot at this time we had a nice breeze once we were in the wedding gazebo. I had my hair done at the salon, which I would recommend, but I wouldn't bother with make-up - I had it done and ended up changing some of it myself as the colours weren't chosen to suit me and I wasn't asked what I wanted at all.

Think that covers your questions...if you think of anything else just ask and I'll be happy to help.

litchfieldhillsCT
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

We just returned from Blue Waters (to CT as well) and think you'll love it! I did notice they were setting up for a wedding and putting out the chairs 3 days in advance. The thing is, the chairs are black with the sun beating down they're going to be mighty hot. Maybe they have slip covers. Also, every time we went out on the penisula where the gazebo is, the wind was very strong so be sure to use hair spray! You may find like us ,once you get there you don't want to go anywhere else!

UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

Booked our wedding for next June (08). Can someone tell me if they've used a local photographer for their wedding? If so, what was the standard of pictures and what sort of cost was it?

6. Re: Getting married at Blue Waters Resort in Antigua next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John's