We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to a resort from airport

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to a resort from airport

I am flying into Antigua for my wedding/honeymoon. Only my fiance and I will be transported at that time. Do you have any recommendations of ways to get transported from the airport to Grand Pineapple Beach resort? Most cost effective? Most visually pleasing?

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to a resort from airport

mostly likely you'll be going by taxi, it's going to be the cost effective and gives you a chance to see the island, your probably looking at a 30 minute ride max, relax and enjoy the sights

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to a resort from airport

We've been to many Caribbean islands, all with a different way of working. This thread really helped me understand how it works in Antigua:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147242-i225-k8402…

Good luck, and have a great weddingmoon.

Peter

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to a resort from airport

Hi

I think there are three ways for you to get from the airport:

Go to the taxi dispatcher as you leave the customs hall, she will allocate you a taxi (minivan) and hand you a paper with the cost. You pay the driver on arrival at GPB. You may have to share the taxi with others going to the same hotel. This is often a great way to meet people.

Arrange a limo/taxi service to pick you up

Hire a car from the airport if you are going to hire one for the duration of your stay you can pick one up just outside the customs hall.

Hope this helps

4. Re: Transportation to a resort from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua