We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Expert Help Please!!

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Local Expert Help Please!!

Would one of the lovely Antigua experts be able to help by letting me know how far by car Dian Bay is from Fitches Creek. How long should you allow to travel by car?

Thanks so much for your help in advance. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Local Expert Help Please!!

that's interesting - we got a very good rate for St James Club for these dates right by the harbour, but are thinking of cancelling because of the refurb work...

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Local Expert Help Please!!

Just a thought, "rio81" .......

I have no idea what Kevin charges for the 2 BR villas at the Palm Bay ..... but you'd really be 25 minutes max away from Dian Bay. Maybe just over 15 minutes if they ever get the road paved from the main road back to the Tamarind/Harmony Hall area.

Look at the website and, if interested, wait a day or so before emailing them. They reopen on 1 November.

www.tamarindbarandrestaurant.com/index.php…

Good luck !

London, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Local Expert Help Please!!

Hi rio81

I would not let the building work at the St. James's put me off.

We've been there for the whole of January and hardly noticed it. The building work was going on by the main pool but the rest of the resort was not affected by it. It all depends whether you prefer to sit by the pool, then it could be a problem. Actually, there are two beaches to choose from at the St. James's and other pools of varying shapes and sizes as well, so it really is not absolutely vital to sit by the main pool which, incidentally, gets rather busy on occasions. The St. James's is a lovely place and I would thoroughly recommend it, building works or not .

Should you need any other info about the St. James's I would be only too glad to help. Antigua is my favourite corner of the world and I am sure you will just love it. Enjoy your hols in paradise :-)

Hya
Antigua
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Local Expert Help Please!!

Terry if you take the left you would not be ending up on the runnerway at all :) but where Mr. Stanford has his dock near the Pitch Restaurant.

Interesting Question about the road crosing over from Old Parham Road. I'm not sure what it is called but we call it locally "Pigott Main Road".

If you are leaving Pineapple area on Factory road, the best route is to take the right after the Antigua Transport Board and follow that road to the intersection at the top . There, you take the left to the end of the road "Pigott main Road" and then a sharp right. That right takes you to the left to the Stanfords Dock or right to the St. Gorges Church.

Terry as you notice I'm the typical Antiguan at giving directions.

Sorry

25. Re: Local Expert Help Please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua