We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Driver

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cab Driver

This will sound silly, but does anyone know a cab driver by the name of Charlie? He has a 8 passenger van. He drove us around when we were there in April, and I had his card, but somehow lost it. We want to rent him for the day next year when there are 6 of us in our party. Or - if anyone has other recommendations for a good cabbie, that would be great. Also, any idea of what to expect for the cost for the day? I know cabs are expensive there (we spent a fortune on cabs in/out of our resort in April), but figured for the day would not be bad and we are splitting the cost over 3 couples, so won't be too bad. We will be there on a cruise in April 2007 and just want to run around the island for the day. Thanks in adavance for any help!!

Antigua
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab Driver

Though your question is not necessarily silly it might be difficult locating the 'right' Charlie. The one I know has a fourteen seater bus. However, I am also a cab driver, I am female, known as 'classy lady'. You can email me at classylady_taxi1@hotmail.com. Fares for a day tour would be U.S.$25.00 per person, and this covers for at least four people. I would be more than happy to either assist you in your search for Charlie or be your next cab contact. Looking forward to hearing from you.

United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab Driver

Hi Karena,

I think i know the Charlie that you are looking for.

His other alias is Charles in Charge and I will be staying at his apartments next month.

Charlie has a couple of vans which he uses for taxi purposes.

His number is 001-268-773-6477.

He did have an email address, but i am unsure that he checks it regularly.

I hope this info has been of some help.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab Driver

Thanks so much. I will give him a call and see what if he is the one I was looking for and what he will charge us for the day. Thanks again

Antigua
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab Driver

Hi, this is classyladyjoan, the Charlie that I know I spoke to him just awhile ago. His number is 268-723-0072. If you wish to contact him you can do that. Hope this helps.

5. Re: Cab Driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 pm, August 19, 2009