We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin chill in check out antigua

Lake District UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
virgin chill in check out antigua

I booked to Antigua in March (we are going in Jan2015.) Just got the text about no check in chill out. Has anyone got compensation for breach of contract from virgin for this? I would be interested to know. It has always been a factor we have taken into account in booking our holiday and recall that if you are not on a Virgin holiday then you can pay for this service so it must have been included in the cost our virgin holiday.

Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,900 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: virgin chill in check out antigua

Not sure when in March you booked, but the notice about the check in chill out service ceasing in Antigua (and other islands) was posted on the Virgin Holidays website on 14th - see virginholidays.co.uk/important/latest-travel… - about half way down the page.

It's certainly not breach of contract, and I'd describe it as a very minor change to arrangements, but even if it were a major change, you'll see that as it's more than 84 days until your holiday, no compensation is due. See section 10 here virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-con…

Online checkin works well, and gives you pretty much the same amount of extra time if you're able to keep a room for longer at your resort.

2. Re: virgin chill in check out antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 24, 2015