We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay?

B.C
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
Which area to stay?

We are wanting to stay a few weeks on Antigua but we don't know what area to stay at. We are looking for a condo not a hotel room. Someplace with a nice beach and pool. Close to bars and restaurants. Any help would be much appreciated.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area to stay?

When you're coming and what your budget is will make a huge difference in terms of suggestions. The main areas for accommodation are:

Jolly Harbour

Dickenson Bay

English Harbour

Personally I think Buccaneer Beach club fits the bill well. Steps away from the beach, nice pool, self catering if you want to do your own cooking, but just a a minute or two stroll to putters, pepperz n lime, and coconut grove.

B.C
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area to stay?

We are coming in February and our budget is between $1000 and $1500 a week. Preferably closer to $1000.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area to stay?

You could do any of the above within budget, but I'd lean towards Jolly Harbour or English Harbour/Falmouth - with the latter being especially good during high season in terms of places to eat and drink and a great buzz with the yachting season getting into full swing, which means there's also a really nice vibe in the many excellent bars and restaurants.

Jolly Harbour (the villas, preferably south finger) are extraordinarily good value in terms of how much you get for your money, and the marina has lots to offer in terms of eating out as well as a great supermarket and other facilities. They're booking up fast for the coming season though.

Weymouth...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area to stay?

When I go to Jamaica I stay in guest houses that are not in the biggest tourist areas. I would like to try to do the same in Antigua.

What areas would be nice for a middle aged couple? Any guest house recommendations? We are traveling on a budget and need a reasonable taxi ride from the airport.

Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area to stay?

Hi MJ,

Are you planning to have a car or do you need to be on bus routes? What time of year do you expect to visit - this can make a big difference in terms of what's open on different parts of the island.

6. Re: Which area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua