We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

Looking to potentially book the all inclusive option here at the Sugar Ridge Hotel as opposed to B&B.Can anyone tell me if they would think it to be good value? Also are there branded drinks as opposed to local watered down rubbish?

Man thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

Personally, I think the AI at Sugar Ridge is great value, not least because both restaurants are good, though I believe you can only eat at Carmichaels a limited number of times without paying a supplement. You might want to have a couple of days of just b&b to get out to eat at one or two of the other excellent local restaurants or take a tour.

Antigua doesn't really do 'local watered down rubbish', as alcohol is relatively cheap, but yes, branded drinks (though not necessarily all top shelf) are on offer, along with very passable house wines.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

Many thanks, really helpful information.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

We have stayed there AI every year since it opened and can vouch for the fact that it IS good value compared to other 4 stars on the island. Both restaurants offer a varied menu for lunch and dinner, invariably well cooked and presented.

NB Carmichael's at the top of the hill is only open for lunch on a limited # of days or when the hotel is full. Pity since the view is so fantastic but I can understand the economics and possibly the requirement to make it rather more exclusive.

All " top shelf" brands are available on AI . Local spirit brands are limited to Rum and Gin and while the Gin is certainly pretty good, English Harbour Rum can easily hold it's own against equivalent brands from any of the other Islands. The other local rum is Cavalier ; I've been drinking it for 46 years and haven't gone blind yet.

One last point on the food side: the hotel has a deal with a couple of the restaurants on nearby beaches whereby you get a hospital style plastic bracelet and that allows you to get drinks and eats for free on your Sugar Ridge tab. AI guests only.

Great if you are enjoying yourselves on the beach and either just want a snack for lunch or you don't want to take the time away from the beach to go back for lunch. We've done it a few times and a cold beer and burger at the "Nest" goes down rather well,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

Thank you so much, you have answered all of my questions, really helpful information

Michelle

5. Re: All inclusive Sugar Ridge Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 06, 2014