We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Antigua

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Antigua

Hello

My wife and I are going to Antigua next March. We don't want to go all inclusive so we were wondering what resorts have restaurants and bars within walking distance. We don't want night clubs just a choice of a few bars and restaurants,

We were thinking of the Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts.

Thanks

Andy.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Halcyon has a couple of places nearby.

However, for about the same cost you could have a great deal more space (not to mention an extra bedroom and bathroom, full kitchen, gallery, bbq and full living room) if you rented a villa at Jolly Harbour, which has lots of places to eat and drink as well as an excellent supermarket, banks, pharmacy and more. Not to mention a choice of fabulous beaches within a short local bus ride, as well as the lovely Jolly Beach itself.

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Look into Tranquility Bay.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Cheers Mizgeorge.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Thanks I will look in to It.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Good morning

My father and I are looking at Antigua next March, and obviously don't want somewhere classified as predominantly "romantic"! Any suggestions, (AI basis preferable).

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Have a look at St James Club. It has a real mix of clients, many of them regulars. It is friendly, with large lovely grounds, and there is an AI option which works out at good value compared to buying as you go.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

Travel-happy, a lot depends on your budget (low/medium/high), but if you really want AI you need to look for a deal with no single supplement, or somewhere which will allow you to buy an AI package on a two-bedroomed or at least studio accommodation.

The only places I can think of off the top of my head would be St James or Jolly Beach (or Tranquility Bay with an AI package at Jolly). Many resorts charge a huge premium for single occupancy.

8. Re: Where to stay in Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua