We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rendezvous Beach

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Rendezvous Beach

I have heard of about 3 different ways to walk to Rendezvous. The way from Wallings looks pretty but is too long. What is the quickest way to walk/hike there or am I just better to hire a car as I have heard the road in is in decent condition?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rendezvous Beach

You'd need a car to get to any of the starting points, so you might just be better off getting a 4x4 and driving there - the road's passable unless there's been heavy rain. I'm not sure I'd call it 'decent' condition - some bits are still fairly challenging!

If you want to hike, the quickest depends on where you start off. Any of the options are fairly steep on the way back though.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rendezvous Beach

Road is good at the moment because of the proposed development.. if you don't want to risk it you could walk, park up the road passed Springhill Stables or come down to Turtle Bay and walk around the headland.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rendezvous Beach

Thanks!

Is the walk from Turtle Bay shorter than that from the stables?

:)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rendezvous Beach

Walk from Springhill Is down a rough track, very rocky, then sandy, then along the ocean and back up over a hill and down to the beach, rough underfoot but an easy hike down slow gradient up which is more strenuous. Hike from Turtle Bay is around the headland, good views of the ocean but much more strenuous and harder to find.

take water, don't walk it alone.

5. Re: Rendezvous Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 05, 2014