We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code at Jolly Beach

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Hi,

I've looked at the other threads here about dress code in the Italian and Indian restaurants at Jolly Beach resort, but couldn't find anything much about children.

Seems I need closed toe shoes, long trousers and a collared shirt. That's fine, but what about my 10 year old son? Surely the same restrictions won't apply to him? Could someone confirm? Will he be ok as long as he appears smart?

Thanks very much!

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

I think you've got it right. He needs to look as though he's made an effort, not just wandered in from the beach.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Thanks Steve.

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Kids are fine, they are not as strict as you think. My little sister had what normal kids have on, skirt & smart clothers with summer open sandals and she was fine. not sure about the boys.

Even adults - they are ok, I had on open toed mules on and they were ok.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Just back and thought I'd update this post.

The Italian has a STRICT dress code for men. I was very unhappy when we arrived as the code is more strict than stated on their website or any other source that I could find. The reason that I say this is that any boy over the age of 8 is subject to the same dress code as men (i.e. closed shoes, long trousers and collared shirt). Needless to say, we did not take such items with us.

We had to go to see the Restaurants' Manager who vetoed what he was going to wear and gave us special permission to go to the Italian. We did this once, but didn't bother again.

The Indian was much more relaxed (and in our opinion a better restaurant).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

We are going at the end of July and my husband would scream at closed shoes with the heat!

so is the Italian worth the effort?

What about the Indian

Is the buffet ok

And the one that appeals to us because we love seafood is Lydias

what is the dress code here?

Hey this is 90 degrees celsius

looking forward

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Lydias dress code is relaxed - no swim wear - it is very nice in lydias, especially the sunday brunch with the steel band music.

The italian does have lovely food - we went their 3 times - my husband had linen trousers on which were very cool plus proper shoes - as it is inside the air conditioning is on, so you do not feel hot. Plus at night it cools down a lot.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

we go on 25 july so any other tips or people who have recently stayed at jolly beach would be really appreciated

Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Hi!

My husband and I and another couple are heading to Jolly Beach July 29. Thanks for all the tips, we'll see you there, Mattjak.

Any other tips about other things to do while in Antigua? Anyone go one any tours or day trips? Or is it possible to spend 7 days at Jolly Beach?

Thanks!

cannock, staffs
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

We went on a wadadli cat cruise (booked at the tour desk in hotel) to cades reef, snorkelling was good there and they don't rush you, we had a good hour of snorkelling followed by a wonderful lunch, really good experience. Also went on a trip to stingray city and snorkelled with the stingrays there too..... St Johns wou;ld be a good trip too I reckon, we only went there to get our marriage license but didn't get chance to go around St Johns, All in all, with the kids and our wedding there was that much for us to do at the resort, I think it's easy with the kids though as long as they're happy, brilliant pools, great food, fabulous beach....Fantastic experience, we'd booked to go to Jamaica for christmas, came home and changed it to jolly beach.

Dress code for Italian IS strict but in mu opinion worth it, no beach wear is allowed anywhere, just take a t shirt with you and pull it on before you go toeat, we saw ppl going to the buffet at breakfast an being asked to cover up.....

hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress Code at Jolly Beach

Thanks so much! We're getting really excited to go!!!

Get answers to your questions about Antigua