We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

OID
SOUTHEND UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

Can anyone out there shed some light on the new resort called Hermitage bay. I really like the look of this hotel and will possibly book it for my Honeymoon in May 2007. I don't think it's open yet though and I can't seem to find any detailed info. Has anyone seen it and has photos?

Southampton
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

We too are looking to stay at Hermitage Bay for our honeymoon in June 2007 - Have you had any further information on this?

Mentioned in this post
Hermitage Bay
Hermitage Bay
14 Reviews
Antigua
Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

The opening of Hermitage Bay has been delayed several times, the latest delay being due to wrangles between the developer and the local planning office. The revised opening date is September. I spoke to the owner not too long ago, and can see no reason why this shouldn't be met. As your dates are in 2007, you should be fine. I'm sure there will be posts here when the hotel does finally open.

Mentioned in this post
Hermitage Bay
Hermitage Bay
14 Reviews
Antigua
london UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

Hi,

I saw this resort in June and although not finished it looked beautiful. Would be interested myself.

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

try kuoni they feature this new resort in their world class brochure for 2007. supposed to open this autumn but who knows already been delayed looks fab though

Hya
Antigua
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

been there a few days ago and thing seems to be coming along smoothly I did speak to the Assistant General Manager and she told me that they are due to be opened the end of November..she said that there were some delays but things are back on track now. There website is www.hermitagebay.com Check them out.

Hope this helps

Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

Looks like Hya is right:

'31/10/06 New luxury all-inclusive resort opens this month in Antigua

Hermitage Bay, Antigua's newest luxury all-suite resort, will open on 27th November 2006.

The resort, which describes itself as a 'boutique all-inclusive resort', comprises 25 individual cottage suites set in 10 acres of tropical gardens overlooking the sea. Pool cottage suites have their own private plunge pool and over 1000 square feet of space, whilst Beach Cottage suites are a few steps away from the ocean and a white powder sand beach. All feature sumptuous king size beds, spacious bathroom with luxurious double bathtub and outdoor rainwater showers, as well as wide flat screen TV, DVD, iPod and broadband internet docking station.

The resort has a spa (all-inclusive arrangements include a complimentary 30-minute spa treatment per guest and private airport transfers) and offers a range of non-motorised watersports in the bay.'

www.travel-lists.co.uk/holideas.html#hbon

Mentioned in this post
Hermitage Bay
Hermitage Bay
14 Reviews
Antigua
portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

can anyone tell me where hermitage bay resort is ? am staying at cocobay from 25th, so thought i might go and check it out ?!!

8. Re: Hermitage Bay Resort, Jolly Harbour, Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua