We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

My husband and I are going to Antigua for 2 weeks in June. We are going to a wedding at Sandals but decided to stay at Jolly beach vacations. Has anybody stayed in the timeshare units. Any comments would be awesome!

Level Contributor
136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

Were there in Feb and loved it. It is spacious and has all the amenities that you will need, plus a beautiful beach. You are able to take advantage of the the Jolly Beach Hotel`s activities without cost. This does not include food,unless you want to purchase the food plan, which is about $77 per person per day US. There is a grocery store at the Jolly Harbour Resort, which is quite good and the prices are ok too.

Castaways restaurant is on the beach, which is a short walk from the timeshare. One of our favorites and reasonable.

The Jolly Beach Resort can also help you plan tours, get taxis and anything that you may need. There is a local bus from Jolly Harbour resort to St Johns

for about $1.00Us. There you can make connections to some areas of interest, as Taxis are expensive. Renting a car is a good option to see the beautiful island of Antigua.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

We stayed at Jolly Beach Vacations (timeshare) the last week of April, 2006. The unit was spacious. The master bedroom has it's own full bathroom and there is also another bathroom with standup shower. We never lost any water pressure or hot water. The first 2 nights we were there we did lose electric power to our unit. But that was corrected by replacing our circuit breaker with one from another unused unit. Closet space is plenty. We didn't have a coffee maker and utensils and cup are minimal. The kitchen is equiped with a stove top, no oven.

The timeshares are obviously only a couple of years old, clean and new. But one major drawback to the unit were the beds. They are as hard as rocks. I felt as though I was sleeping on a board the whole week which made for uncomforable and painful nights. This was not only uncomfortable for me and my husband, but also our two children, who are in their 20's. We all agreed that the beds were the worst. I don't know if this has been a problem for others who stayed there, but I do hesitate to return because of that.

The resort is lovely and the beach is absolutely beautiful.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

Thanks for the information. I'm not to happy to hear about the beds. Do you know if other units have an oven? I booked thru Interval and they called down to the resort for me and was told that they have ovens in the kitchens. We don't really plan on doing a lot of cooking in the oven but we are having the bride and groom for dinner one night before the wedding and was planning on using it that night.

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

I'm assuming all the units are they same. They mentioned to you that they have an oven, yes they do, but t's a toaster oven. Maybe that's what they were implying. You might want to ask them to be more specific especially if your planning company for dinner. Glad to be of help.

Providence, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

I just returned a month ago for a one week stay at Jolly Beach vacations. The timeshare units are beautiful. They are fairly new so they are very clean and maintaned well. The staff work hard at making sure the grounds and rooms are kept clean. If you need something they are very accomodating. The beach is spectacular!!! The only downside was that the beds were very hard. It made it hard to get a good nights sleep. Hopefully it was just the room we had. Other than that everything was wonderful.

My parents have a timeshare that they used for our stay. I am interested in staying in the same timeshare unit next May. However, this time I will not be traveling with someone who is a timeshare holder. I am curious to find out if you can rent a timeshare unit if you are not a timeshare holder. If anyone has stayed there who do you go through on how to rent on? Any advice would be helpful.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

Is there a difference in the timeshares?

Are there TWO separate timeshare places??

One called Jolly Beach timeshares

and the other called Jolly Harbour timeshares?

I am getting very confused. I am staying in the original Jolly Harbour timeshares by the marina. I know that the Jolly Beach Hotel is next door....but is there yet another timeshare wtih the name Jolly Beach? this is getting very confusing.

Providence, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

It does get confusing but here is what I know. There is Jolly Beach Vacations, this is the timeshare unit. It is located next to Jolly Beach Resort. Then there is Jolly Harbour Villas that must be where you are staying. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

RachelMello,

If your parents belong to Interval International with their timeshare they can get you a "getaway". You can stay at a timeshare resort for a huge discount. This is how we are going to Jolly Beach.

9. Re: Has anyone stayed in the timeshare units at Jolly Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Antigua