We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Resort Antigua

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Resort Antigua

Hi

Going to Sandals Antigua resort in February - can anyone give me any tips on what clothes to take? Is it smart casual rather than really dressy in the evenings?

Any other tips will be welcome.

Thanks

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

both are acceptable. long pants & collared shirts for the guys is a nice touch in the evenings. casual evenings dresses work nicely for the ladies.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

Long pants in the evening are a must for men in most restaurants so bring at least those and closed toed shoes for guys: you don't want to be turned away from a restaurant

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

We are going in feb also when will you be there?

ny
Level Contributor
288 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

I just returned and agree on the clothing.

Most restaurants require collared shirts for men

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

It is not necessary, however, that the men come with dress pants and dress shoes. My hubby brings Dockers for his long pants and a boat shoe as his closed-toe shoes.

Don't bring jeans as his long pants - it will be too warm for them.

I always brings capris with me, and maybe a sundress or two. A couple pairs of capris with a variety of tops are my usual. Women can wear sandals to the nicer restaurants.

And if this is your first time traveling like this, go ahead and pack, and then remove half of it. You'll be amazed at how much you won't wear otherwise. You will probably live in a swim suit and coverup just about every day, unless you do an off-resort excursion.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

We are also going in Feb 9-16 can't wait the reviews have all been really good for the resort!!

Windsor, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

WE are going here Feb 2 .. was wondering if people bring stuff for the maids?

8. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, January 02, 2013
9. Re: Sandals Resort Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua