We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua - Carribean Side or Atlantic Side

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Antigua - Carribean Side or Atlantic Side

I am looking for an All Inclusive Resort in Antigua and would prefer to stay on the Carribean side of the island. Is there anything wrong with the beaches in this area such as rocky, hard to get to, water too rough, et cetera. Please let me know what you think of the resorts in this area and which you would recommend for AI and Beaches. Will be travelling with Husband.

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua - Carribean Side or Atlantic Side

Nothing wrong with the Caribbean ( West ) side of ANU. Off-shore snorkel adventures may be somewhat limited. Beaches should be very good but, perhaps, not the very best on the island. Drop-off may be be a problem and water clarity may not be the ultimate ... but the beach ..... could be deep and what you may want.

I think it would be best if you gave some other "wishes" you may have.

Cheers,

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua - Carribean Side or Atlantic Side

Hi Giz

Why not consider the St James Club on the South East side of Antigua, which has a beach on the atlantic side ( with cooling winds ) as well as one on the caribbean side with a calmer sea for swimming, sailing etc.

My wife and I are going there in 5 weeks and will put in a review. There are many reviews already on Trip Advisor with photos by the hotel and candid ones by guests to give you an idea of what the resort looks like.

Kind regards

Sandandsea

new jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua - Carribean Side or Atlantic Side

st james club-atlantic side beach was lovely, clear water(except for the seagrass), breezy very enjoyable. the carribbean side-mamora bay-was nice for watersports, but was rather murky for swimming ans snorkeling. we ventured to the caribbean sideof the island (south-west) for a day. turner's and darkwood beaches were beautiful, with crystal clear water and nice beaches.

Get answers to your questions about Antigua